Player Discussion Nick Suzuki Part 11

Tripledeke333

Jun 25, 2021
Looks good. Bit rich of course at first, but he projects to fit nicely with those numbers.

Great Deal! Only $1.75 Million more than KK, with much better term. Given the contracts RFAs are getting these days, that is a good deal. Hopefully Caufield will sign the same deal and we can lock up our 1C and star wing for the future.

Reactions: Tuggy

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Guaranteed it'll be 8 years. It's how much per year that is the variable. I just don't think he's done enough to earn the $8M+ contract.

Current environment of the NHL is young players getting paid big bucks based on potential. Happening all around the league.

Bridge contracts seem to be the exception nowadays.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
What I meant is that you're not going to sign Suzuki for 8 years at $6-7M.
In the $6 to $7M range which means all the way through to $7.99M range, which is why I said not $8M+. Looks like it'll be $7.75 according to rumours, which makes sense. Not $8M range...

Reactions: Tuggy

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
It's only 4 games, but he need to be much better than that. He don't play very well.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Only one goal so far this season and that needs to be better.

But… 7 points in his last five. That’s encouraging.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Might settle down the calls for an AHL stint.

at least until his next slump
He’s not going to the AHL under any circumstances. Not with the money he’s making. He’s here for better or worse.

Reactions: 417

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Zook is the only player I care about at this point.
I mean I'm keeping my eyes on Romy and Caufield as well,

I said it in the DVO thread, I think that we go one of two ways depending on where the chips fall with the draft, but it starts with trading chariot for another first round pick

Then they either draft someone like Nemec and build around the backend and defense or draft someone like Wright and build around offense with Suzuki and Wright

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
I am the one who doubted Suzuki based on preseason and early season games. My fault guys, my fault.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad