Nick Spaling

Bravid Nonahan

carlylol = القسوة
Mar 22, 2009
أو&#1585
Good role model from what I hear. Hard working player. Still young. Is a good depth player (not Zach Sill depth, I'm talking actualy depth on a winning team depth)

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
I like him. A similar player to Winnik but younger. I'd guess the Leafs will try to re-sign him and if not he'll be flipped for a decent pick at the deadline

Completelybroke

Mar 22, 2015
At best a 2nd round pick with we flip him, likely to be a 3rd and a 6/7th though. His that sort of player that you kind of want to stick around though, because his a hard worker.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Some info from NHL.com to see what we're getting:

Centre
NUMBER: 13 (that'll have to change :laugh:)
BIRTHDATE: September 19, 1988 (AGE 26)
HEIGHT: 6' 1"
WEIGHT: 201
BIRTHPLACE: Palmerston, ON, Canada
DRAFTED: NSH / 2007 NHL Entry Draft
ROUND: 2nd (58th overall)
SHOOTS: Left

pmMrf.jpg

MapleLife*

At best a 2nd round pick with we flip him, likely to be a 3rd and a 6/7th though. His that sort of player that you kind of want to stick around though, because his a hard worker.

If he turns into a 2nd itll take the sting away from this deal just a little

Big Easy

Jan 21, 2014
SW Ontario
Spaling is from a couple towns over from where Im from. Everyone seems to say he's a likeable guy.
Solid depth player.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Many Pens fans unjustly hated him because they wanted a better throw in when Neal was traded and for some stupid reason think he's overpaid. He might not be very physical or stand out offensively but he is a smart hockey player. Pretty much never makes a stupid play or hurts his team. Good third liner.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
The Leafs may lose a lot next season, but at least effort level won't be a concern. I don't mind watching a crappy team as long as they at least try to win every night.

Drakkor

Apr 21, 2007
Welcome Nick, from a former Palmerstonian. Hope you all the best as a Maple Leaf and contrary to other posters I hope you find a niche with the Leafs and Babcock.

displacedpensfan

Dec 23, 2008
On Spaling...

Spaling's vanilla in the best sort of way. He's completely plug and play on the bottom 6, works hard, and rarely does anything stupid. Babcock will love him.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
He's not nearly as bad as a lot of Pens fans would lead you to believe.

He's a solid bottom sixer that can play all three forward positions and play in the top six for a bit if needed. He reads plays well and is a good penalty killer.

The biggest drawback for him would be that he plays almost too safe. Maybe it's from years of playing under Trotz, but he's completely risk averse and lacks creativity because of it. This also means you won't see him throw many noteworthy hits, even though the few times he really stepped up on someone, he smoked them.

He's maybe overpaid by about 500k, but he'll be a solid role player for you guys.

Last edited:

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
3rd liner that has few weaknesses in his game. Too bad he has no strengths either

Beaninfritz

Aug 27, 2009
The Leafs may lose a lot next season, but at least effort level won't be a concern. I don't mind watching a crappy team as long as they at least try to win every night.

THIS so much. I know they're going to be bad. But as long as they make the freaking attempt, I'm golden.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Ideally he'll get extra icetime and offensive opportunity due to our thin lineup, could put up some unexpectedly high numbers (similar to when Moore was here on a thin roster) to boost his trade value by the deadline.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00