Nick Seeler

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
You aren’t going to do better for a $775k defenseman.

He won’t wow you, but he’s pretty solid all around as long as you don’t ask for too much.

Moves pretty well, anticipates pretty well, plays hard every night, physical when he needs to be, doesn’t make many glaring mistakes. Just quietly does his job.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
You aren’t going to do better for a $775k defenseman.

He won’t wow you, but he’s pretty solid all around as long as you don’t ask for too much.

Moves pretty well, anticipates pretty well, plays hard every night, physical when he needs to be, doesn’t make many glaring mistakes. Just quietly does his job.
Sure you will find better.... In the AHL but our Chronyarchy had to sign him and then keep him on the NHL roster to block developing youth.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Sure you will find better.... In the AHL but our Chronyarchy had to sign him and then keep him on the NHL roster to block developing youth.
Serious question: Are you watching the games this season?

Because Seeler’s been the best Flyers cheap #6 defenseman in a long time.

There’s a reason teams scouting the Flyers are coming away asking about him.

And it sure isn’t because every team in the league has the same or better in the AHL.

His contract being only $775k & being under contract for another season is one of the best bargains in the NHL.

Even his analytics are good, if you want to ignore the eye test.

Reactions: sregdoor

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Serious question: Are you watching the games this season?

Because Seeler’s been the best Flyers cheap #6 defenseman in a long time.

There’s a reason teams scouting the Flyers are coming away asking about him.

And it sure isn’t because every team in the league has the same or better in the AHL.

His contract being only $775k & being under contract for another season is one of the best bargains in the NHL.

Even his analytics are good, if you want to ignore the eye test.
Here's a news flash for you ... HE SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN ON THE ICE ONE MINUTE THIS SEASON. I don't give a rats ass about how he's played here or the cheapness of his contract. That's a contract you don't need when you need to rebuild. Delauriers also. This team is at 50 contracts which handcuffs them and why is that? Because of the Seelers and Delauriers of the f***ing world being added due to their ties to Fletcher due to Minnesota.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Here's a news flash for you ... HE SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN ON THE ICE ONE MINUTE THIS SEASON. I don't give a rats ass about how he's played here or the cheapness of his contract. That's a contract you don't need when you need to rebuild. Delauriers also. This team is at 50 contracts which handcuffs them and why is that? Because of the Seelers and Delauriers of the f***ing world being added due to their ties to Fletcher due to Minnesota.
LOL. You aren’t even watching the games. But thanks for the lecture.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
LOL. You aren’t even watching the games. But thanks for the lecture.
I watched enough of him before this season to know he shouldn't have got a contract for this season even at league minimum.
Seeler.png

Just so you can't say he didn't get resigned before this season. THIS was the mistake. How he plays this season doesn't change the fact that at that time on May 19th last year he should not have got that contract.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
He's been pretty good in a 3rd pairing, limited role this year. Hasn't been great at exits, but been pretty decent at entry defense, particularly for a 3rd pairing guy.

Certain GMs will like him because he's a meat and potatoes type guy. Will stick up for his teammates, tough customer type guy. I imagine he'll also get the moniker of good teammate.

He's probably not a bad trade target for team, because they can get him cheap and he's not likely to hurt the team.

pooch

May 30, 2017
He's been pretty good in a 3rd pairing, limited role this year. Hasn't been great at exits, but been pretty decent at entry defense, particularly for a 3rd pairing guy.

Certain GMs will like him because he's a meat and potatoes type guy. Will stick up for his teammates, tough customer type guy. I imagine he'll also get the moniker of good teammate.

He's probably not a bad trade target for team, because they can get him cheap and he's not likely to hurt the team.
Yeah, this about sums it up. He's a pretty vanilla 6th or 7th D man type who I couldn't care less if we moved for any pick. He'd be decent, cheap, depth for a playoff team. He should not be anywhere near what should be a rebuilding team.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
I watched enough of him before this season to know he shouldn't have got a contract for this season even at league minimum.View attachment 650731

Just so you can't say he didn't get resigned before this season. THIS was the mistake. How he plays this season doesn't change the fact that at that time on May 19th last year he should not have got that contract.

When I think of mistakes Fletch made over the past year, Seeler isn't one of them, IMHO.

1. Re-signing Risto
2. Trading for DeAngelo (likely because they whiffed on the other, more popular, more talented, hometown boi)

For those two borderline 3rd pairing defensemen, Chuck gladly parted with:

Shayne Gostisbehere
Robert Hagg
1st round (2021, for Risto)
2nd round (2024, for DeAngelo)
2nd round (2022, as a party favour for Arizona to take Ghost)
2nd round (2023, for Risto)
3rd round (2023, for TDA)
4th round (2022, for TDA)
7th (2022, as another party favour for Arizona just because)

You can't make this stuff up.

The sad irony is that this team would probably look exactly the same with Ghost and Hagg, and would be in a better position having retained and used the picks or moved them for actual valuable players.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
When I think of mistakes Fletch made over the past year, Seeler isn't one of them, IMHO.

1. Re-signing Risto
2. Trading for DeAngelo (likely because they whiffed on the other, more popular, more talented, hometown boi)

Shayne Gostisbehere
Robert Hagg

The sad irony is that this team would probably look exactly the same with Ghost and Hagg, and would be in a better position having retained and used the picks or moved them for actual valuable players.

Well. If that's one's resume, I guess I can understand why that person needs to be blown away to get rid of the smallest of their f*** ups (Seelertoy)

Reactions: dragonoffrost

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell

1. Re-signing Risto

Shayne Gostisbehere
Robert Hagg

Death by papercuts.... so many have added up to cause this nightmare.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad