Confirmed with Link: Nick Seeler Signs Four Year Contract Extension ($2.7M AAV and Full NTC For First Two Years)

How Do You Grade This Thing

• Total voters

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
The people most excited about this contract were probably the same people who liked the Ristolainen extension two years ago.
There isn't a single person that liked the Ristolainen extention. I'm calling bullshit.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
It's an acceptable contract for what should be a bottom-pair defenseman.

The hope is that he can stay healthy and be trade-filler for when the team needs to make a progressive move.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I this was
Nick Seeler is the new Nick Schultz.

Breaking down this comparison for my own benefit...

Hextall signed Nick Schultz for 1 x $1.25m as a UFA on 7/2/14, one of his first signings as Flyers GM. Schultz was about to be 32 and was coming off a poor season where Edmonton traded him to CBJ for a 5th round pick. But he had a strong 14-15 season as a defensive #4/5, leading the Flyers in blocks with 166. Next best was MDZ with 128.

This earned him a 2 x $2.25m extension, signed on 2/20/15, a couple weeks before the deadline. Unfortunately, an aging Schultz struggled to maintain the level of play from his contract season, and in the final year he only played 28 games. Btw, an AAV of $2.25m in 2015 would be $2.72m under the current cap.

Seeler currently leads the Flyers with 184 blocks. York is next best with 124.
A 2 year deal, few would complain given who we have on the farm to replace him.

instead, 4 years and 2 years of a NTC is where it becomes idiotic.

Reactions: Amorgus

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
I love the "it doesnt matter" or "i dont care" before Mitchkov comes over comments or "the Cap goes up" comments.

As if we begin with a clean slate when Mitchkov comes over and we can draft a whole new team around him and nothing we acquire and develop before will matter one bit. Its the other way around!!

We need to develop and draft players before Mitchkov comes because they need to be good players and ready to play on a winning team. Or we are donthe same thing we have done with Giroux. Sourrounding him with middle of the pack players and never be able to content for a title! 4years of Seeler are things that stop.us from building the right way!

That is why i care for every move, every small tiny move! The most authentics will never get that....

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
I love the "it doesnt matter" or "i dont care" before Mitchkov comes over comments or "the Cap goes up" comments.

As if we begin with a clean slate when Mitchkov comes over and we can draft a whole new team around him and nothing we acquire and develop before will matter one bit. Its the other way around!!

We need to develop and draft players before Mitchkov comes because they need to be good players and ready to play on a winning team. Or we are donthe same thing we have done with Giroux. Sourrounding him with middle of the pack players and never be able to content for a title! 4years of Seeler are things that stop.us from building the right way!

That is why i care for every move, every small tiny move! The most authentics will never get that....
pssst. its going to happen..

Roo v2.0

mostly im curious to see how Torts either as HC or what ever position he movesup changes MMs game and muzzles his natural skillset.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad