Injury Report: Nick Robertson - 6-8 weeks recovery as of December 10,2022

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I've read and listened to a few interviews where athletes make the comment that staying healthy in pro sports is a skill. It's been recognized by quite a few people now that Robertson needed to change his style to stay healthy. This may be the lesson for him that he needed. A hard one.

Pick your battles and live to die another day. Nylander is the perfect example of this. It may be frustrating to watch him sometimes because he avoids these situations but he's methodical and knows his limits being a bit of a smaller player. I don't blame Robertson though, he recognizes this team needs a bit of grit in that top 6.

If the leafs require a forward who can get in on the forecheck and crash a bit in the top 6 then go f***ing trade for one.

His injuries are not from playing physical. Each time it has been due to getting hit along to boards when he was already losing his balance and landing awkwardly.

Really, it happens to everyone regardless of size but he is constantly off balance so it happens more to him.

Of course being small could make it worse, but I'd bet the same injuries happen to him if he was 6'3" and 200+ lbs if he didn't also fix his balance.

At least this time he will be able to work on his skating in his off time, since it is an upper body injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad