Confirmed with Link: Nick Ritchie to Toronto (2x2.5M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Zeke the Ritchie signing might be one of the only things we agree on lol....

The Leafs core 4 is relatively soft and very little push back ability and that really hurts the Leafs come playoff time, so Nick Ritchie is being brought in to address that.

He will make the Leafs harder to be pushed around and play against, when the games get more physical.

Its more about the muscle then the money. IMO

Reactions: ACC1224

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
The Leafs core 4 is relatively soft and very little push back ability and that really hurts the Leafs come playoff time, so Nick Ritchie is being brought in to address that.

He will make the Leafs harder to be pushed around and play against, when the games get more physical.

Its more about the muscle then the money. IMO

Matthews played solid playoff hockey this time around. Tavares can play too... unfortunately the injury... Nylander wasn't too bad... Marner on the other hand..

But, Ritchie does bring an additional element, and I hope that he finds a way, to be just good enough to play shot gun with one of these pairings. We need a consistent version of Ritchie to come to play. he's got to take a look at what the offensive talent did for Hyman, and his new paycheck, and seize that opportunity...

Reactions: Cams

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Matthews played solid playoff hockey this time around. Tavares can play too... unfortunately the injury... Nylander wasn't too bad... Marner on the other hand..

But, Ritchie does bring an additional element, and I hope that he finds a way, to be just good enough to play shot gun with one of these pairings. We need a consistent version of Ritchie to come to play. he's got to take a look at what the offensive talent did for Hyman, and his new paycheck, and seize that opportunity...
i mean nylander was better than matty.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

Ritchie is here to kick some butt, however he has a reputation that occasionally he needs a good kick in the butt himself to keep him motivated and engaged and not just coasting through games.

Early on this shouldn't be a problem with new team and new opportunities to keep him engaged.

Reactions: Fogelhund

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
i mean nylander was better than matty.

The reason we are saying that, is because Nylander shot 23.8% and Matthews 2.9%. Do we really believe that either stat is sustainable, and not a bit of luck, either way?

Matthews lead the team in Hits, he lead the team in takeaways, he was the top forward in blocked shots... If you'd read what I was responding to, it was @Mess suggesting that our core wasn't physical enough, got pushed around etc... If you are suggesting Nylander played a more physical game, and was pushed around less than Matthews, played "playoff style hockey" I'd like to see the evidence. Context of discussions is critical.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Ritchie is here to kick some butt, however he has a reputation that occasionally he needs a good kick in the butt himself to keep him motivated and engaged and not just coasting through games.

Early on this shouldn't be a problem with new team and new opportunities to keep him engaged.

Exactly the key with Ritchie... He can play... just not on a consistent basis. If somehow he can, that's great.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Listen, any Leaf fan knows that if you hit a bit, stand up for team mates and pot the odd goal you are hero status in Toronto.

Being a Power Forward type I imagine Ritchie is coming into his own best version of himself at 25 years old. He averaged almost 15 minutes a night for Boston last season. A career high.

He will have a chance to play with good forwards.
Just be a bit engaged at 230 lbs and with the talent surrounding him he will be a win free agent signing.

Reactions: teddygmr

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I think Ritchie is being given a golden opportunity here to have a couple of career seasons and elevate his value.

He has the tools. The rest is up to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille