Confirmed with Link: Nick Ritchie to Toronto (2x2.5M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
This tells me Morgan Rielly or Alex Kerfoot are being traded. Cap doesn’t work otherwise

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
Could consider than a done deal my friend, Friedge is the shizz.

Not sure how I feel about it, but don't hate it. Wish the guy played like his size consistently.

Nevertheless, a good fit for us and hyped to see if he can produce.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
good-good.jpg

Face Of Bear

Jul 30, 2012
Looks like Kase/Ritchie are our final forward additions. Not the prettiest acquisitions but we certainly look better than a few days ago.

Curious how Keefe will go about making the lines because we still dont have anyone who's truly a top-6 left wing

Bunting-Matthews-Marner
Robertson-Tavares-Nylander
Ritchie-Kerfoot-Kase
Simmonds-Spezza-Mikheyev
Brooks, Engvall

?????

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
Looks like Kase/Ritchie are our final forward additions. Not the prettiest acquisitions but we certainly look better than a few days ago.

Curious how Keefe will go about making the lines because we still dont have anyone who's truly a top-6 left wing
I'll gladly take Kase and Ritchie short term over Hyman at 7/5.5.

I like that the contract is reasonable and doesn't preclude Robertson getting a look at LW1

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I'm good with this. He will have an opportunity to play with very talented linemates and outperform his contract.

Hopefully, he has matured and will put in the necessary work ethic on a consistent basis playing for his hometown.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
I'm good with this. He will have an opportunity to play with very talented linemates and outperform his contract.

Hopefully, he has matured and will put in the necessary work ethic on a consistent basis playing for his hometown.
Still fairly young too at 26 seems like many PWF take longer to grow into the league, like goalies. I think he's got hands and skill, decent enough skating, just the inconsistent effort that scares me a bit.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Even if we moved Engvall, the cap doesn’t work.

One of Kerfoot or Rielly will need to go regardless.

Im not even sure Engvall + Mikheyev being moved ends up working
Works with Mikheyev traded

Ritchie-Matthews-Marner
Bunting-Tavares-Nylander
Engvall-Kerfoo-Kase
Simmonds-Kampf-Spezza
Brooks

Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Holl
Sandin-Dermott
Biega

Campbell