News: Nick Ritchie not qualified

Status
Not open for further replies.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Nick Ritchie to Toronto. He's from Toronto and can easily fit himself in Hyman's role in the top 2 lines.

Dubas already mentioned he's looking for Physical forwards to compliment his group

You don't want him in the top 2 lines. He isn't a quarter of the player Hyman is in any area except for standing in front of the net.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
You don't want him in the top 2 lines. He isn't a quarter of the player Hyman is in any area except for standing in front of the net.

Thats fine we'll take him bottom 6 too.

Ideal fit regardless because we're severely lacking LW bodies

Reactions: wintersej

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Despite being slow Ritchie has good skills, the problem is he just dosen't have the passion/desire required to be an effective NHL player. With his size,strength and fighting ability he could be a real force, unfortunately he rarely applies it, I can't see this ever changing.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Dubas had him in the Soo I believe. Small town Orangeville kid from just outside the GTA.

Could see him being a prime target for TOR if he comes in under or around 3m. Ritchie, Simmonds and potentially Foligno would be a mean group to go up against in the Atlantic.

setting the o/u on this lines chances for % at 41%. Take the under.

PhiladelphiaKessel

DontCrossthe****Line
Aug 9, 2010
I would add the local boy on a 1 or 2 year prove it contract. Surely he must know his time is running out to be an impact player and will slowly fizzle out of the league unless he kicks his a** into gear.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
One of the most frustrating players to watch ever. When engaged, he can be a force. Problem is, that's maybe 1% of the time. The other 99% he loafs around and just collects a paycheck.

“Loafing around” is the perfect way to describe his mobility (or lack thereof). He’s not a good technical skater to begin with, but then on top of it, he doesn’t even try to skate most of the time. He watches his passes up ice like he just hit a 450 foot bomb into the center field bleachers at Fenway.

To all other fans - unless he’s making close to league minimum and he’s stapled to a fourth line role, be ready to absolutely despise this player.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
While only 25 years old, he's going on his 7th season in the NHL. His next stop may be his last chance to find any sort of regular role with a team. He started of last year pretty well, but that's because he was actually trying and fighting to get to the dirty areas and getting his ass in front of the net, As soon as he reverted back to his old ways of being lazy his production dropped off and he was useless since he lacks any other talent other than size and strength

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
My guess is teams are dangling 2m per. And he is looking for 3m per.

Settle on 2.5m per

Someone will sign him. The risk will be for how long. Imo the type of player you need to bait a steak with to play hungry. Otherwise may become a puddle

Reactions: Uncle

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
I've been saying it for years. Ritchie is awful and his dumb penalties absolutely killed Anaheim.

So now naturally bob will sign him 4x2 or some dumb shit.

CrownofThornton

Jul 8, 2012
Infuriating player. Has some of the tools required to make an impact, rarely uses them.

Ritchie watches the play more often than engaging in it, and generally is a step behind. He really should work on his fitness and skating in the off-season.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
I've been saying it for years. Ritchie is awful and his dumb penalties absolutely killed Anaheim.

So now naturally bob will sign him 4x2 or some dumb shit.

Yes, don't miss the dumb penalties. Those were killer with Boston too.

When he sets him mind to it, he can be a pretty effective body checker though.

Reactions: The Hockey Tonk Man

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA

Fun fact, Ritchie's last full season as a duck, in 60 games, he had 26 more penalty minutes than all his time spent in boston.
When he was traded to Boston, at 41 games, he had 78.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Should sign with the Flames

Join his brother and Lucic to form the toughest, slowest line in the history of the NHL

Sutter would love it

Reactions: Gurglesons

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
My guess is teams are dangling 2m per. And he is looking for 3m per.

Settle on 2.5m per

Someone will sign him. The risk will be for how long. Imo the type of player you need to bait a steak with to play hungry. Otherwise may become a puddle

With Heinen getting 1.100M I wouldn’t be surprised to see sign for far less than 2.500M as those guys were recently traded strait up for each other. My guess is 1.750/1

Root

Feb 22, 2010

In the bubble he took bad penalties but he didn't take many bad penalties this season, I thought he did a good job getting that out of his game. At times the problem I had with him is he didn't engage enough physically, he would peel off in front of the net as soon as the whistle blew. That and obviously his footspeed/conditioning. He is a talented player but doesn't seem to want to do what it takes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad