News: Nick Ritchie not qualified

Status
Not open for further replies.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Early prediction.

Vancouver.

I could see it too but idk if we’ll have the space. Also getting a RHD and re-signing our core players should be a much higher priority than Ritchie.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
He was good in spurts last year but far too lazy of a player. Hoping this means something big is brewing for the Bruins.
Did he fill up on Boston Creme Donuts ? At times he looked like he filled up on Donuts when he was in Anaheim.

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
Dont want to play his role big tough guy, too lazy and brutal during playoffs, need to be in shape, need to loose 25 lbs of fat and gain some muscle but clearly too lazy great move Don!

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
That’s because they use Leafs as click bait. You took the bait and are now discussing it. Me responding to you is the same thing. It’s a vicious cycle. Lol.
Everyone hates all the Toronto talk but then spends so much time and energy talking about Toronto. Then they wonder why Toronto always comes up.

Reactions: HolyCrap

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Leafs going with a 50 man roster???? LOL
If you listen the speculation in the media,they are linked to everyone. They also don't have to worry about the salary cap. On the board, Leaf fans know better, but a lot of non Leaf fans - not so much.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Podium

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
How was he for Boston this year?

When he's fully engaged he's alright but that's rare. Floats around most of the time, mediocre skills at best. Numbers inflated because he stood in front of the net on a great PP. Generally a waste of size because he's rarely mean or interested in hitting. Terrible puck possession player. Does a good job of driving the net and banging in rebounds.

TBH, I'd rather have Heinen back. He's stronger on the puck and better defensively. Much more suited to the 3rd line.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
When he's fully engaged he's alright but that's rare. Floats around most of the time, mediocre skills at best. Numbers inflated because he stood in front of the net on a great PP. Generally a waste of size because he's rarely mean or interested in hitting. Terrible puck possession player.
Thank you

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
When he's fully engaged he's alright but that's rare. Floats around most of the time, mediocre skills at best. Numbers inflated because he stood in front of the net on a great PP. Generally a waste of size because he's rarely mean or interested in hitting. Terrible puck possession player. Does a good job of driving the net and banging in rebounds.

TBH, I'd rather have Heinen back. He's stronger on the puck and better defensively. Much more suited to the 3rd line.

The funny thing is there are ducks fans who want ritchie back.

What a world where the possibility of a lose/lose trade happens and then both teams offer on the player they traded

Reactions: Gurglesons

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Dubas had him in the Soo I believe. Small town Orangeville kid from just outside the GTA.

Could see him being a prime target for TOR if he comes in under or around 3m. Ritchie, Simmonds and potentially Foligno would be a mean group to go up against in the Atlantic.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
The funny thing is there are ducks fans who want ritchie back.

What a world where the possibility of a lose/lose trade happens and then both teams offer on the player they traded

The funny thing is, it could turn back into a win-win if each team got their old guy back for less than the qualifying offer

exporta

Jul 30, 2005
Oh I get it and Ritchie makes a ton of sense. It's just that the Leafs are already getting 30 other players according to the insiders.

They are? I havent seen the Leafs linked to anyone, by anyone of consequence.

Leafs aren't expected to make any big splashes, and are budget shopping this off season.

They need 2 forwards, a d and a goalie with about 9.5 million to spend.

Any respectable "insider" is well aware, and has reported such. It appears you're beating a deadhorse with that stereotype.

Scott Bee

Jun 11, 2021
Well you still have to play teams like Washington and you already lost Miller and Lauson so almost no toughness left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad