Nick Ritchie has arrived

peatmoss

Jul 20, 2013
Vancouver B.C.
Power forwards take longer ... where did I hear that before . Would explain Jake Virtanen 's better play as well . I like the big guys they bring a lot to the table you can't teach . Happy for him .

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Power forwards take longer ... where did I hear that before . Would explain Jake Virtanen 's better play as well . I like the big guys they bring a lot to the table you can't teach . Happy for him .
Our GM was happy with how serious he seemed to take training and improving his game over the offseason, we're now seeing the results :).

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I hope Jim Nill doesn't notice Nick's success and thinks his brother can do the same. Brett Ritchie is trash

Reactions: kabidjan18

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I too feel this 7 game sample size is more than conclusive. Andrew Shaw had 6 goals and 9 points in 8 games after moving to the top line for MTL, how many first round picks can we get for him?
I think that's a bit too much sarcasm for that salad, but you do you.

No one is saying Ritchie is now a star. Just that he's not yet a bust. Relax.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
I think that's a bit too much sarcasm for that salad, but you do you.

No one is saying Ritchie is now a star. Just that he's not yet a bust. Relax.

If that's what they meant then they should have said that. If anyone needs to relax its anyone drawing long term conclusions off a 7 game sample size.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Saying he has arrived and that it seems he's finally hitting his potential is a bold statement to make after a small amount of good games.
If that's what they meant then they should have said that. If anyone needs to relax its anyone drawing long term conclusions off a 7 game sample size.
Saying a player has arrived is a far cry from being facetious about a player being worth 1 or more first rounders.

Don't get me wrong. I don't think this merited a thread, but I also found the sarcasm a bit absurd.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
This one gets filed with the Sam Bennett breakout threads until he has a lot more than 7 games. Good for him with putting some points on the board, but he has a long way to go.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Saying a player has arrived is a far cry from being facetious about a player being worth 1 or more first rounders.

Don't get me wrong. I don't think this merited a thread, but I also found the sarcasm a bit absurd.

If he can keep up a 60 point pace he would be worth a first rounder and more. But then Anaheim would just keep him. Unless he prices himself out, considering he held out on nothing before if he does improve then I can't think he won't be a bit aggressive in his demands.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010

Saying a player has arrived means that you think they will be able to repeat what they are currently doing. If OP believes we should only judge Ritchie (a player with 200 nhl games played) based on a specific 7 game sample size then it is no more ridiculous to judge another player based on an 8 game sample size. If we are now expecting Shaw to go .75GPG and and PPG+ then I would expect at least a few firsts for him.

Too bad judging players based on such a same sample size is ridiculous (my whole point, which you are ignoring based on how you didn't enjoy my sarcasm?).

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Saying a player has arrived means that you think they will be able to repeat what they are currently doing. If OP believes we should only judge Ritchie (a player with 200 nhl games played) based on a specific 7 game sample size then it is no more ridiculous to judge another player based on an 8 game sample size. If we are now expecting Shaw to go .75GPG and and PPG+ then I would expect at least a few firsts for him.

Too bad judging players based on such a same sample size is ridiculous (my whole point, which you are ignoring based on how you didn't enjoy my sarcasm?).
That's not what made it ridiculous. What made it ridiculous is the lengths you went to make it about your team and sensationally obtuse in the same breath.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
That's not what made it ridiculous. What made it ridiculous is the lengths you went to make it about your team and sensationally obtuse in the same breath.

The only reason I picked a player from my team was because I happened to know a stat off the top of my head that showed how ridiculous the OP was. If I happened to know a stat about a different player I would have used that but, strangely, my own team is the one I know best. If you're concerned about someone going to great lengths to try and make a ridiculous point maybe consider that you've made 3 posts now because you thought my sarcasm was a little too sarcastic.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
The only reason I picked a player from my team was because I happened to know a stat off the top of my head that showed how ridiculous the OP was. If I happened to know a stat about a different player I would have used that but, strangely, my own team is the one I know best. If you're concerned about someone going to great lengths to try and make a ridiculous point maybe consider that you've made 3 posts now because you thought my sarcasm was a little too sarcastic.
You're the one who keeps responding to me. I thought the content was silly. We don't have to keep talking about it.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Man, this all got pedantic quickly.

Good for Ritchie though, I never thought it was a 'man strength'/conditioning issue, I thought he'd bust on ability frankly, rather than growing into man strength to play the power game in a man's league like Virtanen. Though I guess if he's a little quicker and stronger than getting to power forward spots is coming easier? Haven't been watching to know, will pay more attention now.

I will say that watching Virtanen the other night was like watching prime Shane Doan, he just turned into the bulldozer he was in juniors overnight it feels like, so no reason Ritchie couldn't also.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
You're the one who keeps responding to me. I thought the content was silly. We don't have to keep talking about it.

To be fair, I believe we are responding to each other. I made a comparison that I felt (and still feel) was apt, if its criticized I am going to respond.

Reactions: ImNeverWrong

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
To be fair, I believe we are responding to each other. I made a comparison that I felt (and still feel) was apt, if its criticized I am going to respond.
It was apt until you started prissing on about how Montreal should start hunting for multiple first rounders. It flies well past anything that has been claimed by OP or anyone else and it just appeared like histrionics to me. But this is more time I really feel this subject even deserves so, have a good night.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
dude stopped eating donuts and chugging beers...he slimmed down you can actually see a jaw line on him.

this is still premature though.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad