Prospect Info: Nick Paul re-signs

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
-13 and on pace for 14 points at 26 yo with 186 NHL games

Where is this guy?

He looks slow and not engaging physically.

Maybe he's playing injured? He should just take the time off. This team isn't going anywhere.

Reactions: Alex1234

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
He looks slow and not engaging physically.

Maybe he's playing injured? He should just take the time off. This team isn't going anywhere.

I thought he’s looked off the past few games since the Covid pause -

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
He’s being asked to do too much. He’s supposed to be a winger now while also covering for Timmy defensively and taking draws for him. As much as I love him, he’s not smart enough to be able to do that easily without overthinking it and being in the wrong position most of the time. DJ should be seeing this and putting an end to it because when he’s playing on the wing and focusing on that, Paul is one of our better players. This all comes back to Dorion not adding a C in the off season like he knew we needed. Now we’re forcing things and look at the results

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
if he gets traded it’s a sign that’s he’s probably rejected an offer to extend and wants to pursue UFA elsewhere like EK, MD, MS, JPG etc
Not sure why he would stay with this tire fire team. He would be a pretty good piece on a contending team

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Not sure why he would stay with this tire fire team. He would be a pretty good piece on a contending team

Absolutey - 31 other teams out there that can offer a better package for a few years than what we can.

$3+ And a nice tan feel possible on the open market…

Reactions: SensFactor

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I thought he’s looked off the past few games since the Covid pause -
I thought it started before that. After the first half dozen games I started to notice less energy shifts from him.

We were worried about being able to afford this guy but I can't see how he could think he's worth a lot. He's never had more than 20 points, won't hit that this year, and he's turning 27 before the season ends. Unless we think he's got a big ego, I can't see him commanding crazy money.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Ya, I think he may have run his course. Looks like the crisis in confidence is back. He hasn't been the same sincw the cosch called him out for fighting and the team losing afterwards

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
He was very good for the first 5 or 6 games this year and then has harshly regressed since. I can't see him costing more than 1.5 mil at this point, which to be fair I would probably keep him at that price

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
He’s been playing too high in the lineup and his stats are suffering as a result. Ideally he should be on the 3rd line with C.Brown but he’s been on the 2nd almost all season, and even at center. Nothing to worry about imo. If anything he is saving the team money on his next contract

Reactions: bicboi64

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad