Value of: Nick Leddy to Winnipeg

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
What would the Islanders seek in return in the off season. If he was available.

Before the report that the salary cap will rise next season, there had been fan speculation Leddy would be moved with Barzal/Toews/Pulock getting raises.

Isles have a meh prospect pool and need scoring.

I would hope Lou could land a scorer instead of picks/prospects.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
No interest in Leddy, not b/c he’s a bad player or anything just not needed. Jets have next year Josh M, Pionk and assuming they sign Demelo. Plus the Jets have a few promising D prospects close to NHL ready. Add in the expansion draft....no room for Leddy. Sooner see the Jets go after a good 2C if trading away good prospects/futures.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Plus a spot in the ED when we already have Demelo pionk and Mo to protect. We also have Samberg coming from College who looks great for that 4th too 4 spot so unless they just want Roslovic it’s too much.
As much as I agree DeMelo is a UFA after this season is he not?

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Why wouldn’t he want to stay? Up till now teams haven’t been lining up to put him on their first pairing or sign him long term.
Oh like I said. I’m not disagreeing. And I was pleasantly surprised by DeMelo. Not that I thought he was a bad player, but he was better than I expected. My point was only that he’s a FA and who knows what his plans are.

Reactions: probablywrongbut

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Oh like I said. I’m not disagreeing. And I was pleasantly surprised by DeMelo. Not that I thought he was a bad player, but he was better than I expected. My point was only that he’s a FA and who knows what his plans are.
And all I’m saying is you influence those plans by offering him more money (4 mil instead of 3.5) term and more opportunities and I think he jumps. Just my two cents. I’m holding onto that thought till I know otherwise.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
And all I’m saying is you influence those plans by offering him more money (4 mil instead of 3.5) term and more opportunities and I think he jumps. Just my two cents. I’m holding onto that thought till I know otherwise.
I could see that happening. We definitely have the ability to offer him a bigger opportunity than most teams, and depending on what happens with the cap should have some money to spend.

Reactions: probablywrongbut

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Send us Dobson for the Jets' 1st this year.

Last edited:

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
Just like we told Montreal fans last offseason, we expect a first round pick for our top-4 D under control for another two seasons.

Don't want to pay that? No biggie, we'll keep Leddy.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Martinez got two seconds, Leddy is better but also more expensive.

I think a first is fine.

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
Too bad Peg can't get an American pmd. So sad. NYI should probably keep him though for real.

islesny88

Jan 15, 2020
Deal. That plus is Barzal right?

I’m sorry but these types of comments are one of the worst thing about this site. Like if if you honestly think the difference between Leddy and Ehlers is Barzal than your completely out to lunch. If you don’t, then you comment is borderline trolling. Be an adult and just say the Leddy as a base does not return Ehlers (which I agree with)

And to Islander fans trying to move Leddy, who are we replacing him with, Aho??? Get real, he was completely outmatches physically, not that Leddy is much better, but he’s still better. Most likely we move him for a pick and our team is worse off for it.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I’m sorry but these types of comments are one of the worst thing about this site. Like if if you honestly think the difference between Leddy and Ehlers is Barzal than your completely out to lunch. If you don’t, then you comment is borderline trolling. Be an adult and just say the Leddy as a base does not return Ehlers (which I agree with)

And to Islander fans trying to move Leddy, who are we replacing him with, Aho??? Get real, he was completely outmatches physically, not that Leddy is much better, but he’s still better. Most likely we move him for a pick and our team is worse off for it.
If someone makes a ridiculous Leddy for Ehlers that’s just as bad and out to lunch. I might as well as well say what do I add to Ehlers to get Drai. Nothing. End of conversation.

Last edited:

islesny88

Jan 15, 2020
If someone makes a ridiculous Leddy for Ehlers that’s just as bad and out to lunch. I might as well as well say what do I add to Ehlers to get Drai. Nothing. End of conversation.

I’m agreeing with you that Leddy is a bad piece to trade for Ehlers. That’s not the argument here. Your comment, and the million other like them, add nothing to the conversation. It’s like a five year old throwing a tantrum because he feels slighted. I’m sorry to compare you to a five year old, but those types of comments just irk me.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I’m agreeing with you that Leddy is a bad piece to trade for Ehlers. That’s not the argument here. Your comment, and the million other like them, add nothing to the conversation. It’s like a five year old throwing a tantrum because he feels slighted. I’m sorry to compare you to a five year old, but those types of comments just irk me.
You should have called out the islanders fan for the original comment before my retaliating stupidity with stupidity but since he roots for the same team as you, you call me out nice. He opened the door to stupidity. He doesn’t do that I don’t respond this place remains sensible.

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
You should have called out the islanders fan for the original comment before my retaliating stupidity with stupidity but since he roots for the same team as you, you call me out nice. He opened the door to stupidity. He doesn’t do that I don’t respond this place remains sensible.

I don’t root for the Islanders, Im a Jets fan.

I second what islesny said. Just because someone else says something dumb there’s no need to double down on it and make the Jets fanbase (even if you’re not a jets fan) look equally bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad