Recalled/Assigned: Nick Jensen recalled from GR; Marchenko on 7-day IR

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
The question is, will he actually play?

Ouellet / Sproul / Lashoff have all been rotating in, unless they are preparing a trade (LOL) or another D is hurting.

EDIT : Mike Green injured. Darn.

Last edited:

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Green being out means our D looks incredibly bad. Time for someone to step up. Dekeyser need to play his best hockey of the season (at minimum), and I'd really like to see Jensen play. I think his skating could be an asset for us.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I guess the org doesn't think much of Russo. Good for Jensen, I like him a lot better than Lashoff at least.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
I guess the org doesn't think much of Russo. Good for Jensen, I like him a lot better than Lashoff at least.

lol because he didn't get a call up? I don't think he's as NHL ready as these guys. Russo is developing just fine.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
lol because he didn't get a call up? I don't think he's as NHL ready as these guys. Russo is developing just fine.

I view callup order kind of like a depth chart for the org

so it would appear almost as the following to me:

Green
Dekeyser
Kronwall
Ericsson
Smith
Marchenko
Ouellet
Sproul
Lashoff
Jensen

So that puts Russo as about the 11th D in the org. Which yes, he is still developing, but being the 11th D in the org at age 23 with a team with a poor blue line isn't a great endorsement.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
I view callup order kind of like a depth chart for the org

so it would appear almost as the following to me:

Green
Dekeyser
Kronwall
Ericsson
Smith
Marchenko
Ouellet
Sproul
Lashoff
Jensen

So that puts Russo as about the 11th D in the org. Which yes, he is still developing, but being the 11th D in the org at age 23 with a team with a poor blue line isn't a great endorsement.

I think its more a case of Jensen being on his last legs with the organization and wanting to get a look at him in the NHL before deciding whether to cut ties with him.

I doubt it has anything to do with how they view him in comparison to Russo.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I think its more a case of Jensen being on his last legs with the organization and wanting to get a look at him in the NHL before deciding whether to cut ties with him.

I doubt it has anything to do with how they view him in comparison to Russo.

I agree. The call up isn't an indictment of Russo. There is a very real possibility that they think Jensen is less risky in this spot, even if they think Russo has more upside long term. The Wings have a clear track record of focusing on managing downside risk. My money says they are less concerned about the call up winning them the game than losing them the game....as always.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
The former is backed up by his contribution to our offense. The latter isn't at all. Or are you arguing about him being our best d-man at both ends of the ice?

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
The former is backed up by his contribution to our offense. The latter isn't at all. Or are you arguing about him being our best d-man at both ends of the ice?

Sounds like he's insinuating that he is a catalyst to our offense and a detriment to our defense.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
What pisses me off about that Kesler hit is the players not respecting each other. 10 freakin seconds left in a game and he hammers a guy like that. For what? What you tryin to prove? Players have to at least respect each other

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
What pisses me off about that Kesler hit is the players not respecting each other. 10 freakin seconds left in a game and he hammers a guy like that. For what? What you tryin to prove? Players have to at least respect each other

Didn't help that he was cross checking the **** out of Tatar for barely disrupting the goalie after a play a minute prior.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
Typical wings Russo is better call up the other guy. Any news on Bertuzi?

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009

What pisses me off more are players letting their guard down when guys like Kesler or Emelin are on the ice. I don't care what the time of the game is or the score, if these goons are out there they're looking to hurt someone, especially when their team is losing. Pay attention and get ready to defend yourself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad