Post-Game Talk: Nick is God, Habs Lose in SO V.S. Nucks

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
One assist after four games, including three lackluster. Yesterday, he was just okay. Still seems slow and uninterested.
Toffoli had zero goals and now he’s a top goal scorer in the entire league after 1 game......

It’s too early in the season to come up with conclusions about a player or their desire to be there, or if they’ve lost their talent overnight.

You do know he’s in a contract year right? Unless he plans to retire I’d say he’s got all the motivation in the world to perform well......sometimes, like Toffoli, it just doesn’t go in for you, you can’t shoot and can’t pass.....then you find your game and everyone showing love again.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Could easily have 4-5 assists already. Weird that only one assist got registered yesterday, he surely got his stick at least on KK's goal. Petry grabs the puck in the air, throws it to himself and scores, and assists are shared. Funny. Slow and uninterested.. pls just stop spearing false information.
It's an opinion on a hockey forum.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Don't bring back that f***ing UK strand.
Been there like 14 times since this summer so it’s too late for that now.....lol

don’t worry man, we clean because if we weren’t and did t take all the necessary precautions the airline would shut down

Reactions: Runner77

strongcomp05

Jun 8, 2018
All the people defending Price, I get it. He wasnt TERRIBLE, but cmon guys, we need to have higher standards for a 10.5 MIL goalie. He's the hghest paid in the league, therefore he's set to a different standard. If we paid him 6mil, then I would agree he doesnt deserve to be bashed, but 2 5 goal games in the first 3 games, and the lack of enthusiasm in his body language is extremly concerning. Imagine how good we'd be with a 11m center or def? like think about it.. and saying those goals arent on him... really? 2 out of those 5 should of 100% be saved, and he looked AWFUL in the shootout..

and secondly, I get that Byron is 50% in shootouts lifetime, but y'all really going to defend him going 1st in that game?? lol he was invisible all game, meanwhile KK, Gally, Toffoli, had the hot hands, you gotta ride your top 6.. putting a 4th liner as the first shooter is insane. again just my opinion on things.

other than that I think we have a pretty special team here, showing that much grit while being down is not something past Habs teams have had. the boys are hungry and the offensive firepower is crazy

also, i f***ing love you BDN

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Of course I did. Patrick Roy had some much better teams in front of him than Price has and he wasn't paid 10.5 million in a salary cap era either.
You said star of the team....Patrick Roy was without question the star of the Habs and if he would've been playing this era, he would've got big money from the Montreal Canadiens.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
You said star of the team....Patrick Roy was without question the star of the Habs and if he would've been playing this era, he would've got big money from the Montreal Canadiens.
Am I on trial? I am not a fan of having a goalie be our highest-paid player, star of the team, the go-to guy that leads us, what else can I say to describe how I feel?

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
How can you talk of realistic expectations and in the same breath say they're the best roster you've seen since 89?

And I wholeheartedly disagree about 89. Our defensive squad is average and some of those defenders are getting overrated simply because of truculence. As if it's an ultimate failsafe to counter offense.
That demonstrates how mediocre the teams we have had since 89. But with the core of young players we have now assembled , I have the most hope since 1984 when we were starting to assemble that excellent core of Roy, Richer, Chelios, Lemieux, Corson, Naslund, McPhee Skrudland, et. al.

Always remember, hope is a good thing.

HelloBellyvo

Jul 2, 2019
VSwsYD5.gif
I wouldn't go that far:skeptic:

Reactions: Runner77

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I believe there are some HF’ers who work in the airline industry.
Just thinking that it would be a shame if those red pads were lost in transit.

Too bad the Habs don't use Austrian airways for charters,would blend in seamlessly into their putrid color scheme,all the same red! Interior cabin down to the flight attendants uniforms including their stockings and footwear,ghastly I tell ya,ghastly.:laugh:

durojean

May 29, 2007
Price had a stinker but undisciplined play and terrible D-zone coverage cost us this game...

no... Price cost us this game. Had he been Elite or Allen in net we would have won 5 2 or 5 3.

undisciplined play is some thing to work on.

The way we pay our goalie, we should be able to afford lapses in D-Zone coverage. We clearly can’t

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
no... Price cost us this game. Had he been Elite or Allen in net we would have won 5 2 or 5 3.

undisciplined play is some thing to work on.

The way we pay our goalie, we should be able to afford lapses in D-Zone coverage. We clearly can’t
We have in every game we've played so far

Canad13ns

Nov 6, 2018
[QUOTE="and secondly, I get that Byron is 50% in shootouts lifetime, but y'all really going to defend him going 1st in that game?? lol he was invisible all game, meanwhile KK, Gally, Toffoli, had the hot hands, you gotta ride your top 6.. putting a 4th liner as the first shooter is insane. again just my opinion on things.
[/QUOTE]

I don't think it makes sense to put Gally in on a shootout. He doesn't even want to do shootouts. A lot of top scorers are not great at shootouts. Scoring by banging in pucks is not the same as scoring on a shootout. Byron has practiced a lot because he scores on breakaways so he's a decent bet and normally does OK. Drouin is normally good on the shootout but unfortunately he's been trying to change up his patented move and it's been a fail.

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
Every player on the ice gets paid to play, breaking news , the habs wont win every game .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad