Confirmed with Link: Nick Foligno (One year $4 million extension)

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
A1F38AB1-BC2D-460B-9A98-1D615E8E8C0A.jpeg

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
Very nice.

Great vet with a good attitude for the young-ins. Also a LuRich type player.

Can be retained at 50% near the deadline for a pick.

Reactions: Muffinalt

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
I get we have money to burn and on a 1 year deal it absolutely does not matter....but still why? Foligno would have been lucky to get 2 on the open market. Just feels like Davidson is bidding against himself. I hope he can actually negotiate with guys when he has to in a couple of years. It's one thing to over pay guys like this and AA when it absolutely makes no difference, but hopefully this don't create bad habits and we don't end up with Blowman Jr handing out an extra 500K-1Mil on every deal.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
definitely a cap floor type aav but hopefully it comes with zero ntc/nmc etc that this org loved giving to aging vets out of respect, if you want to come here to make more money then don't expect to get the clauses to stay all season on a bad team if you have some value to a contender

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
Nick had all the power. im sure his agent asked for 2 years and some type of NMC all older players want that. if there is not a NMC you have to pay extra. I dont love it but Im happy its only 1 year.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Nick had all the power. im sure his agent asked for 2 years and some type of NMC all older players want that. if there is not a NMC you have to pay extra. I dont love it but Im happy its only 1 year.
right just hope we didn't do both which was the stanley special

BLKHKhockey

Aug 28, 2009
Good with it, could use a grizzled vet. Another example of signing a guy for reasons other than on-ice performance.

Think we can get anything decent for him at the TDL for 2 mil?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Overpaid badly but at least its 1 yr

Hopefully we don't overpay badly on a guy with term like Kurashev at this rate (Kurashev hasn't shown much to warrant a major payday)

I won't be surprised if Foligno is the captain next season.

Reactions: d rake

giza

Jul 19, 2011
There are those who get the situation the Hawks are in and there are those who are hung up "market value" and young players who had years to carve out a role on a bad team and couldn't. We have money to burn and as long as we burn it for a reason----Foligno for toughness and leadership and Hall for skill to get at a minimum spend and for VERY manageable term, then these are very fine adds. If Domi think he can do better elsewhere and get a longer term and more control, there aren't a lot of teams in that camp.....he would do well to take 2-3 years and $6MM a year if that's being offered.

Reactions: Pez68 and bwana63

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
Overpaid badly but at least its 1 yr

Hopefully we don't overpay badly on a guy with term like Kurashev at this rate (Kurashev hasn't shown much to warrant a major payday)

I won't be surprised if Foligno is the captain next season.
Kurashev is a player I would love to roll the dice on with some term like 4 or 5 years at 2-2.5 per. Overpay (as opposed to beating him up every Summer) for the first couple of years where you have the capspace unused, with the tradeoff/hope you get to a value contract on the back end when Bedard and others need to star getting paid. Worst case with the cap going up is not all that bad even if Kurashev is no more than he has shown.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00