Injury Report: Nick Foligno (Lower Body)

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
One of the worst trades in Leafs history. A trojan horse sent by Columbus to destroy the Leafs from within.

His play was putrid, pathetic, and disgraceful.

Though I guess Dubas didn't know he was injured? Idk. But what a disappointment. So glad he was just a rental.

Poor decision by Keefe to play an injured Foligno. At this age, even a healthy Foligno is a huge question mark. But to move up a severely injured Foligno to the 2nd line and break up what was working with Kerfoot. Goodness.

Gormo

Holupchi
Nov 12, 2010
If you're going to surrender a first rounder you need to get more then a grinder.
If you had the Foligno from 2014-15 this would have made sense. The unfortunate reality is that the reliable offense is long gone.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Could’ve had Hall for a song, instead went with an old, injury prone grinder. Got us zero goals, of which even one may have made the difference.

Disliked the trade when it happened, it looks far worse now. Leafs went too far in the “grit and character” direction. No doubt in my mind that if Hall is here instead of Foligno and Tavares gets injured we win this series. But that’s all just ifs and buts.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Could’ve had Hall for a song, instead went with an old, injury prone grinder. Got us zero goals, of which even one may have made the difference.

Disliked the trade when it happened, it looks far worse now. Leafs went too far in the “grit and character” direction. No doubt in my mind that if Hall is here instead of Foligno and Tavares gets injured we win this series. But that’s all just ifs and buts.

I don't think we've had enough character or grit. We were/are still soft.

But you acquire bottom 6 grit by doing things like signing Clifford for $1m or Perry for $700k- not by trading a 1st+ for it.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Not going to sell me on Hall. He is just another choker, IMO. Foligno trade was the right idea.
Looking at things now I really don't see how he was a fit.

He's what people said we needed, but doesn't fit the way we need to play. He's the guy who beats us, not the guy who elevates.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
Foligno was garbage. Either injured or completely invisible. Never seemed like a Dubas move and the huge price was inexplicable.

Crazy to think we could've had Perry instead (for the whole season) and kept our picks--and of course it's Perry who knocks JT out of the series in Game 1 and scores the GWG in Game 7. You can't make this stuff up. :facepalm:

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Looking at things now I really don't see how he was a fit.

He's what people said we needed, but doesn't fit the way we need to play. He's the guy who beats us, not the guy who elevates.

Hall is not doing anything special for Boston 4 points in 7 games, same amount of points as Marner and Matthews in 7 games. What do you think he would have done here?

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
One of the worst trades in Leafs history. A trojan horse sent by Columbus to destroy the Leafs from within.

His play was putrid, pathetic, and disgraceful.

Though I guess Dubas didn't know he was injured? Idk. But what a disappointment. So glad he was just a rental.

Trading for Foligno wasn't a bad move, but giving up a 1st and a couple of 4ths for him? Yeah that was pretty nuts. A 2nd and maybe another low pick at most and I'd be more on board with it, but going 'all in' on a guy like Foligno is one of the few trades Dubas has made so far that I really disliked.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Hall is not doing anything special for Boston 4 points in 7 games, same amount of points as Marner and Matthews in 7 games. What do you think he would have done here?
Allowed us to ice additional scoring, which is what we ultimately needed in the end and helped us push the pace of games. He can carry the puck, especially with speed and could have been used alongside anyone in our top.

Foligno never seemed to fit into our game here. He was out of place everywhere, but the top line and even then it was a bit of a stretch to say he was good there. It may have changed if we went deeper and needed some safer players, but that's not how it played out.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Allowed us to ice additional scoring, which is what we ultimately needed in the end and helped us push the pace of games. He can carry the puck, especially with speed and could have been used alongside anyone in our top.

Foligno never seemed to fit into our game here. He was out of place everywhere, but the top line and even then it was a bit of a stretch to say he was good there. It may have changed if we went deeper and needed some safer players, but that's not how it played out.

He wouldn't have done anything when our top 2 guys are not engaged in the game at all. Hall is overrated by many.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
He wouldn't have done anything when our top 2 guys are not engaged in the game at all. Hall is overrated by many.
So if he does absolutely nothing, he's a similar asset who costs less with the same outcome...

... I will say that's under the assumption he wanted to be here and I'm not convinced of that.

I also think you're assuming I think he's MVP Hall rather than a Kerfoot-esque player at this point.

member 298589

Dubass should be fired for this trade alone
And if Dubas hadn't made a trade like this to at least try to improve our forward depth, you would be here complaining our lack of scoring in some of these games is his fault for not being a buyer and thus Dubas should be fired.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad