Confirmed with Link: Nick Cousins & Merrick Madsen traded to Arizona for Brendan Warren & 2018 5th rounder

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
This is where I'm going to need someone to tell me what I think of Warren. I think I've watched zero Michigan games in the last two years.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

I don't remember his name from that draft (3rd rd, 81st overall), which is weird.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=208973

Here's a picture of him having a snack:

94207f12121e9a50f9fee98999915c22_400x400.jpeg

kingjmusicman

Jan 4, 2016
Cousins looked the way I thought Laughton would pan out the year before. Neuvirth/MacDonald for Smith/Bolland (assuming Bolland remains on LTIR)? One can dream can't he? :)

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Don't know much about Warren. Not a huge fan of this deal on paper but if they were worried about losing him for nothing then I've got no beef. He's a 4th liner, nothing more, but I always liked him. I was kind of hoping he'd go to Vegas so I could get a Cousins jersey.

Also...Thomas Hyka signed by Vegas.

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
Models his game after Abdelkader. This makes me happy. I know a lot wont like it, but I appreciate Justin's game. We can use players like this.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Down to 17 now.

G
Jake
Schenn
Flip
Coots
Simmer

Read
Weise
Raffl
Bellemare
Weal

Nico/Nolan
Lindblom
Konecny
Vecchione
Laughton
Leier

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

There's the goalie jam clearing up a bit.

Whoa. They must have really liked Warren quite a bit - I had assumed this was a "Let's just go out and get something for Cousins since there is no room for him" kind of move, but it looks like we targeted Warren if we are giving up an asset (albeit one with fairly unknown value) like that.

EDIT: Nevermind, everyone is saying he (Madsen) wasn't going to sign with us anyway.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Models his game after Abdelkader. This makes me happy. I know a lot wont like it, but I appreciate Justin's game. We can use players like this.

Michigan was a garbage team with plenty of opportunity for the taking and he scored 3 goals and 10 points as a soph and saw his production drop with a lot of players leaving. Abdelkader's college stats are on a different level, multiple levels even, from this kid. He looks like a future AHL depth player.

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
Michigan was a garbage team with plenty of opportunity for the taking and he scored 3 goals and 10 points as a soph and saw his production drop with a lot of players leaving. Abdelkader's college stats are on a different level, multiple levels even, from this kid. He looks like a future AHL depth player.

Not saying I expect him to hit that level. I just like the sound of his compete level admittingly knowing nothing about him..

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Too bad about Cousins being traded. It was nice watching someone I played hockey against as a kid and listening to flyers news on are local radio station in Belleville

And I really liked madsen. He was my fav goalie prospect after hart and sandstorm

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

There's the goalie jam clearing up a bit.

This deal makes less sense. I thought 5th+crap prospect was still slightly in the Coyotes advantage, but not unreasonable for a 4th liner. But we add Madsen too? That seems like good value? Seems pretty lopsided to me. How could we not have gotten a 3rd or something?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad