Confirmed with Link: Nick Cousins & Merrick Madsen traded to Arizona for Brendan Warren & 2018 5th rounder

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

================

The Philadelphia Flyers have acquired forward Brendan Warren and a fifth-round pick in the 2018 NHL Draft from the Arizona Coyotes in exchange for left wing Nick Cousins and goaltender Merrick Madsen, according to general manager Ron Hextall.

https://www.nhl.com/flyers/news/fly...from-arizona--philadelphia-flyers/c-289967690

BRENDAN WARREN

POSITION: Left Wing

DRAFTED: 2015 (3rd Round, 81st Overall) - Arizona Coyotes

BORN: Carelton, Michigan

VITALS: 6'1", 185 pounds

SHOOTS: Left

•Warren recently completed his second season at the University of Michigan where he recorded 10 points (3g-7a) in 35 games for the Wolverines.
•As a Freshman, he helped Michigan win the Big Ten title and a berth in the NCAA Tournament after posting 17 points (5g-12a) in 38 games.
• Internationally, Warren helped the United States win a gold medal at the Under-18 World Junior Championships in 2015 where he posted four points (2g-2a) in seven games.
•He also played with the United States National Team Development Program Under-18 Team during the 2014-15 season where he recorded 38 points (19G, 19A) in 61 games played.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I was just going to say, my guess would be Cousins for a pick.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Nick Cousins had no spot here, but he proved he has potential as a bottom 6 regular in the scoring and possession stats, not to mention penalty drawing wizardry. For probably pennies to acquire, it's a reasonable move for Chayka and the Coyotes. Nick Cousins is an NHL player to me.

MarAlain MongYeo

GostisBeHere Now
Oct 22, 2016
Flyers have basically no leverage in this scenario so I doubt anything more than a 4th rounder. Probably a 2018 pick as well.

Damaged Goods

Feb 26, 2009
Philadelphia
Nick Cousins had no spot here, but he proved he has potential as a bottom 6 regular in the scoring and possession stats, not to mention penalty drawing wizardry. For probably pennies to acquire, it's a reasonable move for Chayka and the Coyotes. Nick Cousins is an NHL player to me.

Agreed. Wish he had more of a role last year, but Weal ultimately made him expendable. This is a small signal that Weal comes back.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014

I agree. With 31 teams in the league, there's a place for Cousins somewhere. But he wasn't a fit here anymore.

Hoping for a 3rd.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I was thinking I'd be thrilled with a 6th. He's probably a good 4th liner without much upside who needs to be protected.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Flyers have basically no leverage in this scenario so I doubt anything more than a 4th rounder. Probably a 2018 pick as well.

I am fine with a 2018 pick...actually prefer it. Keep adding picks for guys who are being passed to keep the pipeline coming.

Soon we will trading picks for short term help at deadlines. Stock up as much as we can now.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Well, the way Hextall brought up the possibility of a trade to acquire a goalie in today's press conference, you really do have to wonder about Smith here.... (though Panaccio is the only one saying it could be part of something bigger, so consider the source)

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
i'm ok with this. had no room for Cousins anyway.

hope for a decent pick. keep in mind it's Arizona too so whatever pick we get back is likely going to be in the top 5 for that round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad