Confirmed with Link: Nick Carrière named Assistant-Coach for IceCaps

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
In hindsight, the problems with Bergevin were obvious from day one. He was very focused on hiring his friends, rather than hiring the best people for the job.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
In hindsight, the problems with Bergevin were obvious from day one. He was very focused on hiring his friends, rather than hiring the best people for the job.

Yep, Look at what the Leafs are doing, they hired people from the premiere junior teams that are constantly competing, challenging, and winning in the CHL.

We just hired a bunch of ex-grinders that have ties to Bergevin and pals.

missthenet

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
Yep because graduating

- JDLR - graduated, really?
- Beaulieu - looks lost out there, great job JJD
- Pateryn -never plays

and almost graduating

-Hudon
- Andrighetto - up and down, mostly down like a yoyo
- Thomas -traded months ago
- Bournival - will never play for the habs again.

The blind hate on here is crazy.

This is pretty depressing, no one on the farm team or in the minors to help sove scoring problems.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I said at some point last season that Bergevin created a country club here like in Edmonton except he has the best goalie in the world.

Here we are...

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Hudon would help now imo, he's got the smarts and skills.

Exactly, I have no idea why he's roting in the AHL. He had 2 games with the big club and scored 2 points, yet they recall everyone except him.

To all posters who say (and there's a bunch) that all habs problems are because of the "french factor", how do you explain this ?

The fact is they don't know how to properly develop prospects and they have a piss poor player management.

MB is as bad as his predecessors, it just a bad nigthmare over and over again.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Exactly, I have no idea why he's roting in the AHL. He had 2 games with the big club and scored 2 points, yet they recall everyone except him.

To all posters who say (and there's a bunch) that all habs problems are because of the "french factor", how do you explain this ?

The fact is they don't know how to properly develop prospects and they have a piss poor player management.

MB is as bad as his predecessors, it just a bad nigthmare over and over again.

Montreal does the same thing every year. They wait until they're having injury problems before they call guys up. Then they put them in bad situations. Why not have spots for them at the beginning of the season and give them the time? After 10-15 games playing top 6, if they suck, send them down. They barely gave Hudon a chance. Holloway even less. Ellis hasn't gotten any time with the big club. Is our team that good that none of these guys could help? Nope. If you can't trade, you have to rely on your farm. It's very poor player management.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Man has Bergevin become a major joke

It's a shame because his first 3 years were so promising. Literally all he had to do to maintain his positive reputation was to fire Therrien after the month of December. It would've been win-win, he did what he had to do and if the team continued to lose he'd get his top5 draft pick.

Never, ever should a GM be so loyal to his coach. 5 wins in 25 games is unacceptable. This is professional sports; loyalty means **** all that counts is Goddamn results.

Oct 22, 2012
I said at some point last season that Bergevin created a country club here like in Edmonton except he has the best goalie in the world.

Here we are...

I just kept thinking that their close connections would be so important to create a winning culture. I've been so naive. You're right, I never connected the dots between us and the oilers front office. Thinking of a few more mediocre years of Price dragging us through season after season makes me want to puke.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Montreal does the same thing every year. They wait until they're having injury problems before they call guys up. Then they put them in bad situations. Why not have spots for them at the beginning of the season and give them the time? After 10-15 games playing top 6, if they suck, send them down. They barely gave Hudon a chance. Holloway even less. Ellis hasn't gotten any time with the big club. Is our team that good that none of these guys could help? Nope. If you can't trade, you have to rely on your farm. It's very poor player management.

I do wonder if things continue to go bad and Price doesn't return this season, perhaps they will use the time to give a few of the younger players a bigger shot. Hudon, Ghetto, maybe Holloway, Ellis, Lessio, DLR. Not saying all of them but if they can manage to move some players for picks and free up spots they might be smart to see it as a chance to get a better idea of what some of these kids can do if given a bigger role and less pressure of making mistakes.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Seeing that this wasn't posted ...

Lefebvre on Carrière Jr.:

Not surprisingly, Lefebvre also heaped praise on his new assistant coach Nick Carriere. “He’s a young guy, just 35-years-old but he’s got 10 years head coaching experience (in U.S. college), he’s a good person, enthusiastic and he’s fully bilingual. He’s a good fit.”

Carrière Jr. on his dad:

Despite his dad Larry – Canadiens Assistant General Manager – being an NHL veteran who also spent some time as a coach, Nick Carriere says he doesn’t rely on his dad for hockey tips but views him more as a role model in regards to how he handles himself with others. “My dad is a smart hockey man but for me it’s more about how he treats people and how he develops relationships and how he cares about people and how important that is. I’m a lucky guy to have a dad like him.

http://www.stjohnsicecaps.com/article/canadiens-development-camp-diary-pt-2/

What a happy family. :sarcasm:

Habitant#1

Feb 15, 2006
Brisbane
Bergevin's built a wonderful country club for his friends. They don't even have to be qualified to be hired. There's also no accountability, no one gets fired because it's all on him!

What a wonderful organization to retire too!

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Well you're going to have to accept that the Habs are a little bit different.

And yet here we are talking about a farm club outside of Quebec.

I find this kind of thinking troublesome. I don't agree with the logic of needing a french speaking head coach for Montreal since it has nothing to do with the team winning and everything to do with public relations, the coach being able to communicate to the French media. An assistant in St. John's being bilingual should have absolutely nothing to do with anything, cause these are not the Montreal Canadiens.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
And yet here we are talking about a farm club outside of Quebec.

I find this kind of thinking troublesome. I don't agree with the logic of needing a french speaking head coach for Montreal since it has nothing to do with the team winning and everything to do with public relations, the coach being able to communicate to the French media. An assistant in St. John's being bilingual should have absolutely nothing to do with anything, cause these are not the Montreal Canadiens.

They said he is fully bilingual. That doesn't mean he speaks newffie. I am so disappointed in this organization for not recognizing the cultural importance of the coach being able to speak with local media in a language that THEY understand, ain't that right my trout. :shakehead:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad