Confirmed with Link: Nick Carrière named Assistant-Coach for IceCaps

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
They said he is fully bilingual. That doesn't mean he speaks newffie. I am so disappointed in this organization for not recognizing the cultural importance of the coach being able to speak with local media in a language that THEY understand, ain't that right my trout. :shakehead:sarcasm:

Actually, nevermind. The farm team is moving to Quebec next year. All part of the plan! :handclap:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
it probably helps with franco players wouldnt it?

No, because these franco players have learned English, or will learn English, as it is the language of the league they want to make.

Literally all of his 'strengths' had NOTHING to do with being a good coach. Which is the best part of it all.

"GM can't make a trade"
"Doesn't matter, speaks french."
"First line center sucks."
"Coach can't coach."
"AHL coach can't develop."

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
it probably helps with franco players wouldnt it?

How will it help? Kinda insulting to Leblanc Hudon Fucale and Bournival that they need someone to basically translate for them.

The sad part about Habs AHL coaching staff is they aren't even taking advantage of the QMJHL coaching talent. Lefebvre and friends are in year 4 showing very little, we can only hope he isn't being groomed for MTL.

Last edited:

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Meh... He won't be there long.

As soon as molson & co. Do the inevitable & replace the inept bergevin regime, the entire ahl coaching group will be axed quickly thereafter...

Lefevre & co. has lost almost 60% of time since running the minor league team. Competent management won't settle for that.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Meh... He won't be there long.

As soon as molson & co. Do the inevitable & replace the inept bergevin regime, the entire ahl coaching group will be axed quickly thereafter...

Lefevre & co. has lost almost 60% of time since running the minor league team. Competent management won't settle for that.

Please tell me what makes this management competent? How is Geoff Molson competent? Who are the rest of the investors that their names means competence in hockey? Who gave Bergevin a contract till 2022? How's that for competency?

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Please tell me what makes this management competent? How is Geoff Molson competent? Who are the rest of the investors that their names means competence in hockey? Who gave Bergevin a contract till 2022? How's that for competency?

I'm referring to the next management group that will take over once MB gets canned.

His ineptness won't survive much longer, let alone till 2022. If we're lucky, it'll be before this summer.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
I'm referring to the next management group that will take over once MB gets canned.

His ineptness won't survive much longer, let alone till 2022. If we're lucky, it'll be before this summer.

I don't understand. Who will can MB? Molson? So that was my point...Molson won,t fire a guy he gavae an extension to till 2022. And Price will come back which will then hide Bergevin ineptness.

At one point, you almost have to hope that somebody else buys the team from Molson so that we see changes....

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I don't understand. Who will can MB? Molson? So that was my point...Molson won,t fire a guy he gavae an extension to till 2022. And Price will come back which will then hide Bergevin ineptness.

At one point, you almost have to hope that somebody else buys the team from Molson so that we see changes....

I wish Robert Kraft would buy the Habs.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

Call me a deluded optimist then...

Despite the extension, the combo of total failure at improving the team + fan anger + playoff revenue evaporating + reactionary meddling last time team crumbled badly all leads me to be optimistic that bargainbin & his cronyism approach to managing the organization being exposed for what it is right now will compel molson & co to act.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Call me a deluded optimist then...

Despite the extension, the combo of total failure at improving the team + fan anger + playoff revenue evaporating + reactionary meddling last time team crumbled badly all leads me to be optimistic that bargainbin & his cronyism approach to managing the organization being exposed for what it is right now will compel molson & co to act.

We will see about that. The day that I will hear Molson talk about responsabilities and accountability....I'll change my tune. But the "Bergevin has my entire trust" **** is not going to help me trust this management....

What kind of idiot give a 6 year contract to a GM? Take down that "No excuses" sign and put up the "Stability in mediocrity" one....

TouzY

Dec 1, 2014
Quebec
No, because these franco players have learned English, or will learn English, as it is the language of the league they want to make.

Literally all of his 'strengths' had NOTHING to do with being a good coach. Which is the best part of it all.

"GM can't make a trade"
"First line center sucks."
"Coach can't coach."
"AHL coach can't develop."

Legit :naughty:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
We will see about that. The day that I will hear Molson talk about responsabilities and accountability....I'll change my tune. But the "Bergevin has my entire trust" **** is not going to help me trust this management....

What kind of idiot give a 6 year contract to a GM? Take down that "No excuses" sign and put up the "Stability in mediocrity" one....

Exactly right. In this day and age what GM gives his coach a 4 year extension? What owner gives his GM a 6 year extension? Yet people (or should I say sheep) flock the Bell Center.

I will keep coming here because I enjoy discussing this team but as far as watching? No way! Not until someone steps up and addresses this Keystone Cop mentality.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Exactly right. In this day and age what GM gives his coach a 4 year extension? What owner gives his GM a 6 year extension? Yet people (or should I say sheep) flock the Bell Center.

I will keep coming here because I enjoy discussing this team but as far as watching? No way! Not until someone steps up and addresses this Keystone Cop mentality.

I am now at #FireMolson level of hate for our management group. The only saving grace is the people Molson has running this **** show are so incompetent without price, from development in the AHL to the GM, that we may actually draft a game breaker and some top quality for the next 10 year plan.

If the owner watched any of this and had an inkling of intelligence he would fire bargainbin today. You don't play to the lowest point in a century and have the GM defending this and say,"yeah its just because of the goalie" And if so, then why wasn't the rest of the team addressed long before what was a high probability of happening. Not very good at risk assessment, given how most players star or not take injuries.

Max several injuries should have been enough to get the management group to understand how thin we are, or that we run a system counter to the players assembled. Either way its on the GM. Regardless of how hard it is to get players, you have to make moves and take the risk. Back to risk assessment.

I'm not saying McD us again, but there isn't much in the pipeline that has that potential. Draft pick position doesn't mean we would have picked the same player at said draft pick as other teams would. Chuckie being a good example. I liked forsberg, but I think chuckie could be better if not for poor poor development. For one he never set foot on the Dogs, so if we don't use the NHL as part of his development than that means MT believes that OHL quality hockey is good enough under his system. Which is a stupid way to run a team.

There is a rot that we can now smell within this organization because excuses are everywhere while everyone is playing CYA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad