Value of: Nick Backstrom (Draft)

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
Caps will not trade Backstrom, but in a hypotetical world Id say it would be more of Kadri+Marner

EWWW We are not trading a 1b TWO way center who scored thirty and an elite winger who is on his ELC for thirty year old backstrom(who has never won anything). I barfed in my mouth

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
EWWW We are not trading a 1b TWO way center who scored thirty and an elite winger who is on his ELC for thirty year old backstrom(who has never won anything). I barfed in my mouth

Sure, no problem, i wouldnt either.

We are happy to keep the thirty year old who has never won anything. And you are happy to keep your guys who have never won anything. So everyone is happy.

You should go check that barfing thing on a doctor. Not normal to barf in your mouth for words in interweb.

Last edited:
Reactions: STHLM

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Kadri
2018 1st
Liljegren
Leivo (throw in NHL player)

for

Backstrom ?
The Caps would get a lot better package from other teams if Backstrom is on the trade block. I don't value Kadri enough to put him into a trade for Backstrom because the Caps would be trading Backstrom for youth and cap relief to help balance out the depth of the roster. I know the Leafs fans are high on Liljegren (he's a nice piece) but the 2018 1st is going to be in the late end of the 1st round and Leivo is more of what the Caps already have.

Like the other poster has said, think about giving up one of your young studs + because that's the only way you're getting Backstrom on his current contract.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
The Caps would get a lot better package from other teams if Backstrom is on the trade block. I don't value Kadri enough to put him into a trade for Backstrom because the Caps would be trading Backstrom for youth and cap relief to help balance out the depth of the roster. I know the Leafs fans are high on Liljegren (he's a nice piece) but the 2018 1st is going to be in the late end of the 1st round and Leivo is more of what the Caps already have.

Like the other poster has said, think about giving up one of your young studs + because that's the only way you're getting Backstrom on his current contract.
Kadri is an elite #2 C, 1B type of center. He also anchors the shutdown line for the Leafs in which he plays against the oppositions best players nightly. He is on a great contract that pays him $4.5 mill. You're gunna be in for quite the shock if you think the Caps would get a lot better package from other teams. Even on this site, look at the offers for Backstrom. On this thread alone nobody has offered a piece better than Kadri individually.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Kadri is an elite #2 C, 1B type of center. He also anchors the shutdown line for the Leafs in which he plays against the oppositions best players nightly. He is on a great contract that pays him $4.5 mill. You're gunna be in for quite the shock if you think the Caps would get a lot better package from other teams. Even on this site, look at the offers for Backstrom. On this thread alone nobody has offered a piece better than Kadri individually.
Sorry, but I would bet a year's salary that there would be a lot better offers than that. Backstrom is an elite 1C in this league and it seems like you're showing ignorance but saying that the package of Kadri, a late 2018 1st rounder, Liljegren, and Leivo would be tough to beat.

Again, start with Nylander/Marner and add from there. Maybe other Caps fans are high on Kadri but I would not want him as a center piece in a trade that moves out Backstrom.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
lol wtf is this garbage. kadri is a middle-6 C. no way is he a 1C. marner is far from elite.

Reactions: Kolzilla

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Sorry, but I would bet a year's salary that there would be a lot better offers than that. Backstrom is an elite 1C in this league and it seems like you're showing ignorance but saying that the package of Kadri, a late 2018 1st rounder, Liljegren, and Leivo would be tough to beat.

Again, start with Nylander/Marner and add from there. Maybe other Caps fans are high on Kadri but I would not want him as a center piece in a trade that moves out Backstrom.
What team do you see offering more than that? And what pieces are those that they would trade for Backstrom in your opinion? You underrating Kadri and Liljegren as a prospect isn't my problem.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
there is a reason that players like Backstrom are rarely traded except when contract is expiring or the player is demanding a trade.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
What team do you see offering more than that? And what pieces are those that they would trade for Backstrom in your opinion? You underrating Kadri and Liljegren as a prospect isn't my problem.
A team that actually values Backstrom?

Your package doesn't move the needle very much. Again, the first rounder is a later pick in the round and Leivo doesn't hold any value after the grumblings that just came out. Your package of Kadri, Liljegren and a later first would be beat by someone. Elite 1C's rarely get moved so be prepared to pay up. Start with Nylander/Marner and add from there.

washcapsfan

Nov 16, 2017
A team that actually values Backstrom?

Your package doesn't move the needle very much. Again, the first rounder is a later pick in the round and Leivo doesn't hold any value after the grumblings that just came out. Your package of Kadri, Liljegren and a later first would be beat by someone. Elite 1C's rarely get moved so be prepared to pay up. Start with Nylander/Marner and add from there.

Someone, who obviously understands Backstrom's value. All Toronto fans think they have the best players with the best contracts, and everyone else has garbage that has no value. There are more "This player going to Toronto" on here than any other team, and all Toronto trades are for YOUR best player and their leftover 4th liners or AHL players.

Reactions: hb12xchamps

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Someone, who obviously understands Backstrom's value. All Toronto fans think they have the best players with the best contracts, and everyone else has garbage that has no value. There are more "This player going to Toronto" on here than any other team, and all Toronto trades are for YOUR best player and their leftover 4th liners or AHL players.

This is a trade forum lil bro, stop taking it so serious

washcapsfan

Nov 16, 2017
Kadri is an ELITE # 2 Center??? That is the most ridiculous statement.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Backstrom is one of the most underrated players in the league. If he does get moved (and I doubt it) he'll fetch a king's ransom. At least as much as Duchene got.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
To all the Leafs fans who offering Kadri for NB...To sort of quote Billy Madison.

What you've just said is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. At no point in any of your reasonings were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational offer. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having listened to it. I give this offer a big thumbs down and may the hockey gods have mercy on your franchise.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad