Value of: Nichushkin to NYI

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Scott Mayfield

You mean the 24 year old D who can't crack the NHL roster? That's gonna be a big fat no. We already have Oleksiak and Nemeth jn a Mayfield role. No need to add another for a valuable piece

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
What Dallas is looking for is a solid G.
A team like Pit could use a guy like Val, young player who is cost controlled.

Does Dallas have the extra stuff necesarry to make a MAF for (instert bad goalie) + Val+? work?

Proposal:
MAF @5.75 (3 year deal) + Kunitz @3.85 (last year of the deal)
for
Brett [email protected] (last year, RFA) +Niemi @4.5(2 year deal) + Valeri Nichushkin (comes back next year) + 1st round pick (25-30th)

Pit
- looses the best 1-2 goalie combo in the league, and a guy who has been great for a long time who is not playing well this year.
- gains Brett Ritchie who is playing about as well as Kunitz but 3 milion cheaper, and hasnt hit his prime. Nichushkin and 1st balances the cost of the downgrade from MAF to Niemi.

Dallas
- looses a late first, a recent top 10 pick who is playing decently in the KHL with top 6 upside, and a young big bodied winger.
- Gains a top notch starting G in his prime, on a reasonable costing deal for 3 more years. Only thing holding them back from being a legit contender. Kunitz is still a top 9 guy, who has a bit more offensive flair than Ritchie currently. Get out from one of their two albatros contracts in Niemi.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
What Dallas is looking for is a solid D.

Does Dallas have the extra stuff necesarry to make a MAF for (instert bad goalie) + Val+? work?

Proposal:
for
Brett [email protected] (last year, RFA) +Niemi @4.5(2 year deal) + Valeri Nichushkin (comes back next year) + 1st round pick (25-30th)

Pit
- looses the best 1-2 goalie combo in the league, and a guy who has been great for a long time who is not playing well this year.
- gains Brett Ritchie who is playing about as well as Kunitz but 3 milion cheaper, and hasnt hit his prime. Nichushkin and 1st balances the cost of the downgrade from MAF to Niemi.

Dallas
- looses a late first, a recent top 10 pick who is playing decently in the KHL with top 6 upside, and a young big bodied winger.
- Gains a top notch starting G in his prime, on a reasonable costing deal for 3 more years. Only thing holding them back from being a legit contender. Kunitz is still a top 9 guy, who has a bit more offensive flair than Ritchie currently. Get out from one of their two albatros contracts in Niemi.

Thoughts?

Who did we trade to get a late 1st? Are you at all aware of how well Fleurry is playing? Ritchie has 3x Kunitz's goals and is a rookie, how is that playing "about as well"? What flair is 12 points this year while being on a team with 2 top 5 scorers league wide? In what universe does saving money this year, next year, and the year after on goalies equal both a 1st and Nichushkin?

Last edited:

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Sit a couple plays out. You have lost touch with reality, your time is better spent trying to find your way back to it than posting on HF.

Well thats a helpful critique!
I guess I just come from a world where trades are supposed to help both teams.
Dallas needs a real G, why not use the guy people want as a part fo the deal to get him?

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
You mean the 24 year old D who can't crack the NHL roster? That's gonna be a big fat no. We already have Oleksiak and Nemeth in a Mayfield role. No need to add another for a valuable piece

i don't have a horse in this race, i don't care,
i was answering the question

and the question is "value to the Isles",
not "what do Stars fans think he is worth"

Mayfield is #34-overall, righty-D, just turned 24, with size and skill, on the cusp of making NHL full time, and available now

that's a valuable asset, maybe not what you want/hope/need, but it is

Nichushkin is an extremely talented, but inconsistent, young russian, who has gone back home, and may never return (or who, like Radulov, may not commit to NHL until age 30)

Dallas best opening this year, to get full value for Nich, may have been in June, when there were so many young talented unsigned RFA's

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
What Dallas is looking for is a solid G.

Proposal:
for

Pit

Dallas

Thoughts?

Good god no. Our goalies are fine right now belive it or not. It's the team in front. Also right now our first is much higher than 25th overall.

So a likely tip 20 pick + Nuke + probably our best young RWer on the team right now for MAF (2ho you have to move if you don't want to lose Murray) is just about the easiest no I have ever said

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Well thats a helpful critique!
I guess I just come from a world where trades are supposed to help both teams.
Dallas needs a real G, why not use the guy people want as a part fo the deal to get him?

A trade involving 4 of these pieces was floated by Pittsburgh fans. You are adding a 1st and Ritchie to it.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
i don't have a horse in this race, i don't care,
i was answering the question

and the question is "value to the Isles",
not "what do Stars fans think he is worth"

Mayfield is #34-overall, righty-D, just turned 24, with size and skill, on the cusp of making NHL full time, and available now

that's a valuable asset, maybe not what you want/hope/need, but it is

Nichushkin is an extremely talented, but inconsistent, young russian, who has gone back home, and may never return (or who, like Radulov, may not commit to NHL until age 30)

Dallas best opening this year, to get full value for Nich, may have been in June, when there were so many young talented unsigned RFA's

Or the best value we can get out of Nuke is Nuke. Have a spot open for him and he said he is willing to come back. So unless someone wants to swap 21 year old wingers with NHL experience and potential the best move for Dallas is to keep him. We hold his rights for 6 more years. If he makes its clear he doesn't want to play for us but does want to come back there would be multiple teams offering a much better return than Mayfield

Last edited:

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Or the best value we can get out of Nuke is Nuke. Have a spot open for him and he said he is willing to come back. So unless someone e wants to swap 21 wingers with NHL experience and potential the best move for Dallas is to keep him. We hold his rights for 6 more years. If he makes its clear he doesn't want to play for us but does want to come back there would be multiple teams offer a much better return than Mayfield
i agree with all of that, he is a unique talent, worth waiting for
i saw a game in your building, early in '14, and he impressed me a lot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad