Value of: Nichushkin to NYI

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Well I think that getting Nuke over would be easy. Hey you have a chance to compete for a spot next to Tavares and instantly be our top line winger. It's yours to lose!!!! Sorokin would probably take a little bit more because of the Isles depth at goalie.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Totally forgot about that guy.
I'd like to add someone with that kind of size to the Leafs as well, though I doubt he'd be worth the asking price.

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
Interesting. Don't know what his contract status is but I would think a pick or picks would probably be all any team would risk. And no I am no thinking a first round pick.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
You'd have to convince Nichushkin to come over as well.

He has made it clear he wants to come back. He just wasnt/isnt a Ruff fan. he signed a 2 year deal with an out after year 1. If Ruff is gone (or they let bygones be) or he is moved to a team that can give him the minutes he wants then I would be shocked if he didnt come back.

That being said he is playing really in the KHL and for Russia in the Euro hockey tour and as a Stars fan I do not want to move him. We are week on the wings after this year and he should have a near guaranteed top 6 spot with us next year or in 2 years

MacerV

Jul 10, 2015
Totally forgot about that guy.
I'd like to add someone with that kind of size to the Leafs as well, though I doubt he'd be worth the asking price.

Not to mention our right side is flush with high end talent; Nylander (if he never moves back to center), Marner, Kapanen, etc.

Morry83

14-90-91
Mar 16, 2013
Highly doubt we move him. They want him back and he wants to come back. He's just not a fan of Ruff. The year in Russia may really help his development (he's playing great so far), in which case he'd get a top 6 spot and it won't be an issue, or Ruff may not be the coach anymore.

Dallas isn't just gonna give him away.

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
Well I think that getting Nuke over would be easy. Hey you have a chance to compete for a spot next to Tavares and instantly be our top line winger. It's yours to lose!!!! Sorokin would probably take a little bit more because of the Isles depth at goalie.
So you think telling him he is gonna play with Tavares instead of Benn and Sequin is gonna make him catch a plane. He is not getting traded unless the stars are blown away.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
So you think telling him he is gonna play with Tavares instead of Benn and Sequin is gonna make him catch a plane. He is not getting traded unless the stars are blown away.

Blown away? The Stars might eventually lose him for nothing the way things are going. If the Isles offered Strome or Dal Colle, Dallas better jump on that. I don't think the offer would be that high though.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Not necessarily for Nuke, but would Dallas have interest in Strome?

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Blown away? The Stars might eventually lose him for nothing the way things are going. If the Isles offered Strome or Dal Colle, Dallas better jump on that. I don't think the offer would be that high though.

I really dont think we lose him for anything. We hold his rights until he is 27 and he is now 21. He signed a deal for 2 years indicating he wants to keep the NHL open and his deal has an out clause after this year, further indicating he wants to comeback. The way he is playing over seas right now makes him worth something reasonable. However we have no interest in moving him because we need more wingers. He should have a spot here.

If for some reason he refuses to come back to Dallas over the next 2 years but continues his desire to play in the NHL, Dallas would have zero problems finding a team looking for large talented 22/23 year old winger

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site

I thought his whole issue was that Dallas wouldn't play him on the Seguin/Benn line?

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
I thought his whole issue was that Dallas wouldn't play him on the Seguin/Benn line?

The problem with him is he did not earn the playing time with them. He is still young and immature. I don't think he wanted to put the work in to earn his spot.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
The problem with him is he did not earn the playing time with them. He is still young and immature. I don't think he wanted to put the work in to earn his spot.

You have nothing to back this... dude wanted and thought he should have been a top 6 player, Ruff didn't think he was ready. That is were the frustration came from. He tried and worked on his 2 way game (which compared to his first year was a night and day difference) and still wasn't given the chance he thought he deserved.

I assume the extra frustration stemmed from when he would get a top 6 look he would pretty much need to pick up a point with 2-4 periods or else Ruff would relegate him back to 3rd- 4th line duties while players like Eakin could long stretches of pointless games and still contunie to center the top line.

And the end of the year the KHL just straight up gave him a better Dea for his development. It was a smart move on his part because this year we realize how much we could use him and he has likely lined himself up for a role closer to what he wanted this year

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
I think he worked hard in offseason and then when Ruff blended the lines he did not like it. Instead of continueing to work he complained. If if taken out of context he still complained

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
I am a Val fan. I think he should have stayed in Russia in the beginning. I think he would have been a better player at this point if he had played out his contract there and then come over and played for a bit in Cedar Park

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
I think he worked hard in offseason and then when Ruff blended the lines he did not like it. Instead of continueing to work he complained. If if taken out of context he still complained

Nill re-signed Eaves, Ritchie was coming up. A reasonable lineup would have been
Benn Seguin Sharp
Janmark Spezza Nichushkin
Roussel Faksa Hemsky
Eaves Eakin Ritchie
Then we signed Hudler. Now Nichushkin is sharing 2/3s of a starting spot with Eaves and Ritchie and getting 4th line minutes. No chance of special teams time.

Signing for a team that adds 3 RWs above you makes no sense for him especially since he'll tank his earning power by not spinning those limited minutes into boxcar stats. Make more money in Russia, play more minutes and produce more, and now you have some leverage so you don't get screwed in negotiations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->