Niagara IceDogs 2023-24 Off-Season Thread

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
No he didn’t not like his brother
His brother, who's having the best rookie season in Ice Dogs history? Dylan's numbers were pretty solid for him being a 3rd round pick in the OHL draft. You're quadrupling down on how wrong you are here...

So turning to the u16, u18 and import draft what are the priorities? I do think there is a decent core of young players. Just need depth and both D and F
It sounds like there are 3 high end players in the OHL draft. All forwards. Niagara has to take BPA there. I'd love if the import draft had a high end 17/18 year old dman. The team needs to bring in a good vet dman via trade this summer

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
His brother, who's having the best rookie season in Ice Dogs history? Dylan's numbers were pretty solid for him being a 3rd round pick in the OHL draft. You're quadrupling down on how wrong you are here...

It sounds like there are 3 high end players in the OHL draft. All forwards. Niagara has to take BPA there. I'd love if the import draft had a high end 17/18 year old dman. The team needs to bring in a good vet dman via trade this summer
if the ice dogs pick 4th they will have a hard time getting a top guy. wasslyn will report, not sure about the others.

Reactions: three dog night

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
What's the big hold up on the length of the He suspension. The hit doesn't look all that bad on video. The guy has no history. This can't be any more then 2-3 games...

Last edited:

jamo27

Mar 24, 2007
Wow. Three straight years last in the league. Probably a good thing Covid happened because it would probably be five in a row.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I'm cautiously optimistic for next season (still worried the incompetent owner will mess this up).

I believe He and Roobroeck will be one of the most dynamic lines in the league next year. Frolov started to show a lot of potential on the back end. Bryant is a great leader and his game was really evolving in these last few weeks. Whether its Flores or Robertson, they'll have decent goaltending.

Here's hoping they win the draft lottery. My understanding is that there is a top 3 in this draft. It would be great to land another dynamic forward with the first pick, and a the best dman available with the 2nd rounder.

An impact player in the import draft would go a long way. An 18 year old, responsible vet dman would also be ideal in a trade if possible.

Next year should be a 5-8 finish in the conference. There will be really exciting nights, and some ugly ones as well.

Reactions: stealth1

KyGuy9

Sep 7, 2012
I thought it was just a lotto for the 1st overall pick, I guess Niagara lost 3 lottos for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd with the best odds... holy smokes. I feel for the fans.

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
They will likely be picking the same player at 4 then they would have at 1. Player commitment ….

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad