Niagara IceDogs 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Cato. Must have agreed to his payment on the side.

Niagara will likely some of the 7 gold packages available with so many graduating. Enright, Cato, Moore, Tommasino, Thomas, ...? Davis if returning for OA season with Saginaw would not count after four seasons?
I don't know if gold packages are inherited with trades.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I doubt they are inherited. If the only requirement on the players side is they play at least one ohl game, i would think the team they first play for is the one on the hook.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
I doubt they are inherited. If the only requirement on the players side is they play at least one ohl game, i would think the team they first play for is the one on the hook.
Teams can and do agree to absorb gold packages in trades. It is part of the negotiations. It can go either way depends on teams needs/wants and room to absorb the gold package - Usually teams split it by the years played for each team.

Reactions: HockeyPops

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Teams can and do agree to absorb gold packages in trades. It is part of the negotiations. It can go either way depends on teams needs/wants and room to absorb the gold package - Usually teams split it by the years played for each team.

There must be a maximum of 7, signed or acquired) as London could absorb numerous, NB cannot. Is the gold package voided and open up a spot for another if a player signs a (NHL 3yr entry level contract)? Saginaw had at the very least 7; Perfetti, Porco, Jenkins, McLeod, (Tippett?), Davis, & Gilmour. As an OA, O’Grady would have negotiated a non-standard OHL contract?

hockeyinsiderusports

Nov 20, 2017
Gold packages are voided if you sign ELC as they get drop down to standard package which most players will never use in 1.5 years before they lose school package

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad