Niagara IceDogs 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
How do you guys think the OA situation is going to play out in Niagara? It's still a veteran heavy roster with a lot of spots to fill. I would expect the team to deal a couple of OA's for roster players before the season starts.

Here's one idea that I came up with that fits well for both teams:

Jacob Paquette for Ethan Taylor, Cullen McLean, and a pick.

Taylor was very good as a rookie for the Greyhounds and would make a nice pairing with Sbaraglia. He was pushed out of a job when Nick Malik fell to the Greyhounds in the import draft. The team has a glut of young forwards that fit well into the Ice Dogs timeline. I'm a fan of McLean, but there are several other options.

Reactions: three dog night

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
How do you guys think the OA situation is going to play out in Niagara? It's still a veteran heavy roster with a lot of spots to fill. I would expect the team to deal a couple of OA's for roster players before the season starts.

Here's one idea that I came up with that fits well for both teams:

Jacob Paquette for Ethan Taylor, Cullen McLean, and a pick.

Taylor was very good as a rookie for the Greyhounds and would make a nice pairing with Sbaraglia. He was pushed out of a job when Nick Malik fell to the Greyhounds in the import draft. The team has a glut of young forwards that fit well into the Ice Dogs timeline. I'm a fan of McLean, but there are several other options.

SSM can't afford another weak skater on the roster.....

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Pot calling kettle.
I have to respectfully disagree. While I have seen lots of Fischhaber posts that others disagree with, I don't recall ever seeing him blatantly troll like that. Correct me if I am wrong, but there was no point to GUs post other than to troll and shut down the conversation.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
I have to respectfully disagree. While I have seen lots of Fischhaber posts that others disagree with, I don't recall ever seeing him blatantly troll like that. Correct me if I am wrong, but there was no point to GUs post other than to troll and shut down the conversation.
How about this past season when he went on a tirade after the Gens beat the Greyhounds in March? Something about it being the lowest point in the greyhounds season and they should be crushing less talented teams like Oshawa. At the time we were 2 points behind the Soo in the overall standings....

Or going in a thread where people are talking about the scouting report on their imports selections and going out of his way to pump up the Soo pick while putting down the Gens. He can play it off as just going off of what the report said, but no one else was knocking others teams picks.

Can we ignore him? Sure. But he’s been wrong on so many things (Keyser), its funny to see what awful take he doubles down on next.

Now as much as this thread was barren like the Ice Dogs draft cupboard, we should give it back to them.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

I believe there are a few teams fans who were subject to his/her rants during the playoffs that would argue your point here.

Reactions: TuckerFan1

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
How about this past season when he went on a tirade after the Gens beat the Greyhounds in March? Something about it being the lowest point in the greyhounds season and they should be crushing less talented teams like Oshawa. At the time we were 2 points behind the Soo in the overall standings....

Or going in a thread where people are talking about the scouting report on their imports selections and going out of his way to pump up the Soo pick while putting down the Gens. He can play it off as just going off of what the report said, but no one else was knocking others teams picks.

Can we ignore him? Sure. But he’s been wrong on so many things (Keyser), its funny to see what awful take he doubles down on next.

Now as much as this thread was barren like the Ice Dogs draft cupboard, we should give it back to them.

This entire thing was started by a Gens fan trolling a post from more than a week ago about a trade with Niagara.

Why is that necessary? You guys do this all of the time. Ignore me if you don't like my opinions on the Greyhounds.

I like my team and I liked their pick in the import draft. Lots of fans feel that way and my opinions are justified with facts.

Regarding the Oshawa import pick I simply referenced a scouting report from a website that I respect. I did not trash the Suni pick in any way, shape, or form.

Last edited by a moderator:

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
This entire thing was started by a Gens fan trolling a post from more than a week ago about a trade with Niagara.

Why is that necessary? You guys do this all of the time. Ignore me if you don't like my opinions on the Greyhounds.

I like my team and I liked their pick in the import draft. Lots of fans feel that way and my opinions are justified with facts.

Regarding the Oshawa import pick I simply referenced a scouting report from a website that I respect. I did not trash the Suni pick in any way, shape, or form.

You imagine all of this stuff and continue to derail the threads of other teams with your trolling. Please stop. I won't be responding to anything else in this thread out of respect for Niagara fans.

So thoughtful of you. You say we imagine all this stuff, but the rest of us will just chalk this up to you having selective memory.

Reactions: Nerf27

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017

It didn't shut down the conversation. Not one person responded to the Fisch post, so there was no conversation to shut down (it actually started a convo).

But I could literally do a 5-10 post thread of him making crazy claims that within the year end up being completely wrong, and that's with me never going in the SSM thread anymore because I can't even imagine how reckless his takes get in there so I don't even go there.

What annoys most people is how he makes such absurd claims, and then when is unequivocally wrong, he just ignores the thread and pretends like it never happened. If he was just like "Hey guys, I was wrong, Keyser is actually a stud and Villalta isn't, sorry for completely shitting on you for a full year when you said that", then people would respect him. But there's a complete unwillingness for any accountability. Which is part of what stinks about the anonymous sites I guess. But most people will still stand by their take and acknowledge when they're completely wrong. But he just fires from the hip and then goes awol when it's, inevitably, completely wrong (i.e. Keyser will never be a top 5 goalie, saying Villalta won't be a top 5 goalie means you're an idiot, the Gens are a poor skating team, the Gens will lose to NIA and don't even have a chance to win 1 game, etc...)

Last edited:
Reactions: Nerf27

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Alrighty, I see I waded into one here with lots of baggage on both sides. I will refrain from further commenting on it, however my request for civility (on both sides) remains.

As for the Paquette trade suggestion, at first glance it seems fair. Not sure if Niagara would prefer only one roster player and more picks in return though - if so this may be a show stopper for the Soo as we would likely prefer dealing from our deep roster than from our thinner draft pick cupboard. It really depends how Niagara is looking to retool after last season. Not sure if they have enough to build an '01 core around Tomasino. If not, they may prefer '02s over '01s in any trade, and then end up dealing Tomasino at some future point as well.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa

I don’t think that was forgotten. He’s a fine player when it comes to playing in his own end. It’s a valuable skill and is often overlooked with the amount of puck moving D the game has started to focus on. I wouldn’t trust him to lead a rush or take chances in the neutral zone because he can easily be beat by much faster players.

Last edited by a moderator:

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
To be fair to Paquette, I think "big and slow" is a little harsh. While his stride could probably be improved with the right coaching, he has great edges and closes quickly and effectively. He is tough to beat one on one. His biggest knock is probably his offense, but his zone exits seem efficient from what i have seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->