NHLPA hires Rodier

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
I think that was the Construct the NHL or something? Or I hijacked a thread about some team's finances and we took it from there? (Canes or Oilers, maybe?)

I think it was specific to "optimum size", y'know, is bigger better?, that kinda dealeo... :laugh:

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
I think theirs a loose end to just such a thread somewhere here-in. "Whats your optimum sized NHL?". As I recall it unraveled rather quickly. The leap from subjectivity to clinical objectivity a bridge too far for many. It ended badly leek. Battlefield littered with corpses; dozens left walking but wounded; passports canceled. Persona non' grata Slips handed out by the Mods like Chiclets. Im not even sure if poor Fourier's recovered from his field wounds of that dreadful day yet. But sure, Im game. :naughty:

I assume this must have occurred while I was on hiatus. I can't believe I missed this.

Dado

Fehr was willing to strike when MLB proposed steroid testing, so anything is possible. He arrogantly told the US Government that he would never allow steroid testing and stonewalled thier attempts to allow testing.

I don't consider that arrogance, at all, and I personally fully supported Fehr's "stonewalling". Especially when the tenor at the time was how to punish players ONLY, even though it was clear as day that everyone from managers on up to owners knew what was going, and chose to benefit from it, if not outright encourage it.

Dado

If you want a league so healthy and dynamic that there is always a waiting list of billionaires clamouring to get in, then it seems to me you need to (intentionally) leave potentially-viable markets on the shelf. If you satisfy all the current and expected demand, you are guaranteed to end up with a whack of marginal franchises.

Put me in the "18-24 teams is perfect" camp. Something like three divisions - one Canada, one US, one Europe - 8 teams in each division - would be cool beyond belief.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad