NHLPA Denies Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

acr*

It's Goodenow's monkeys announcing this. The players that made the deal like Shane Doan aren't working for Goodenow anymore, they're following Gretzky and Lemieux now.

SENSfreak_03

Aug 30, 2002
Regina, SK
Visit site
they wont say anything until everything is done and delivered. so of course they will deny it. gretzky denied working on a deal last nite, but everyone is saying he is.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
What is Goodenow supposed to say, yes, a bunch of players went behind my back and I'm a total joke, please fire me?

Sparepart

Jun 6, 2002
Montreal
kingsjohn said:
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I'm also ready to boo, but I'll hold mine off till tomorrow if they cant agree to a deal. Argh... I hate the NHL/NHLPA/Media for teasing us fans like this.

Preview: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

jratelle19

Jul 3, 2004
New York
Neither the NHL nor the NHLPA is going to admit to anything until all the "t"s are crossed and the "i"s are dotted and an official announcement is made.

bcrt2000

Feb 17, 2005
Goodenow was already embarassed by the news of a cap coming out to the media before it came out to the players, so I think they'll let the players know before its announced

DevilFisch

Jan 11, 2003
Edison, NJ
www.inlouwetrust.com
Given the number of stories on it from THN, TSN, ESPN, etc.; I call...well, I can't use that word here. But you know.

If it's just Goodenow and his goons being tools about this then I too join the chorus of BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! (s).

SPARTAKUS*

Don't worrie, a deal will get done no doubt. Why would the two side be meeting then?

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
pleeease.

what do you expect.

"Doctor Zoidberg" has been guaranteeing all week there'd be no season, and I'm sure it was with relish he announced that RDS\The score was pointing toward the NHLPA's denial.

However, those of us with common sense know that a denial is par for the course. Not 24 hours ago, Gretzky denied any involvement.

TSN\THN and now even ESPN don't drop bombs like this if there's not something to them.

barnburner

Apr 23, 2004
If Goodenow throws a monkey wrench into this now - the players will throw him out of his window. The best thing he can do right now if be quiet and make a deal.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
They have to deny it. It's way better to deny and be proven wrong than to say they have a deal and then have it break down at the last minute over some technicality. They're telling the truth, but at the same time, it's a developing story.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Reilly311 said:
uh, you realize there have been numerous meetings where a deal was never made?

difference is this one is the weekend after canceling the season. Why would they bother getting together this fast if it werent to make it a deal.

Eddie Vedder

Sep 8, 2003
media might be putting the extra pressure on to..

they got a deal in principal and are working out the technicalities... people in the media want a deal too.. they report it and if the league/PA end more pressured to get it done 100% as to not kick their fans (again) when they are down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad