NHLPA Denies Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunb

Jun 27, 2004
Yale University
acr said:
It's Goodenow's monkeys announcing this. The players that made the deal like Shane Doan aren't working for Goodenow anymore, they're following Gretzky and Lemieux now.

Technically Goodenow works for Shane Doan and the players.

bcrt2000

Feb 17, 2005
FreshBrew said:
media might be putting the extra pressure on to..

they got a deal in principal and are working out the technicalities... people in the media want a deal too.. they report it and if the league/PA end more pressured to get it done 100% as to not kick their fans (again) when they are down.

thats true.. i always felt that with all of the smoke everywhere in the hockey world, if nothing was happening, at least it would allow the two sides to get together without being embarassed, or even encourage them

bcrt2000

Feb 17, 2005
Sparepart said:
Did Glen Healy just say "Rats Rectum" live on TSN? lol
the most interesting thing to note was that McKenzie said that Goodenow doesn't want anything to do with negotiations and may resign in the near future

ChiHawks468

Jan 19, 2005
Aurora, IL
In reality, the deal is not done...yet. The NHLPA can confidently deny it because it is true until they meet tomorrow, hammer out the small details, and then have little Betty step to the podium and say "we're back".

Lil' Jimmy Norton*

Jan 31, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
OTTSENS said:
Don't worrie, a deal will get done no doubt. Why would the two side be meeting then?

Nobody would have got on a plane to NY unless this was a done deal and they were going to have a big PC tomorrow. This has all been going back and forth since Wednesday night and I think Bob should tidy up his resume.

ResidentAlien*

I noticed the PA has a PR on their site giving credit to the League for reaching out.
nhl.com stil has "season cancelled"...

a little butt-kissin going on?
:bow:

Chaos Giraffe

Dec 1, 2004
Vancouver
ResidentAlien said:
what did i miss? what did John do?

John McCaw is the greatest man alive.
;)

You didn't miss anything, John didn't do anything. It's just a thing I have about him, and a Brian Burke quote.

ti-vite

Jul 27, 2004
futurcorerock said:
what if there's a misspelling....

What if bonuses (type C) are unchanged?
What if item 7 is there?
What if...your killin me!

Motown Beatdown

Need a slump buster
Mar 5, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
See Bettman and Daly are to busy hammering out a deal with Gartner and Saskin. Bobby boy is on the outside looking in feeding this bs to anyone who'll listen.

This story broke what 3 hours ago and nothing from the owners.

Chaos Giraffe

Dec 1, 2004
Vancouver
Battousai said:
Maybe it's just that it's almost 1am and I'm running on like 2 hours of sleep, but this sentence made me go dizzy... :)

LOL, :p: Hey, I'm a Vancouverite, but when the Thrash have Kovalchuk, Heatley, and Lehtonen.........along with their style of game they play, I can't help but like them.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
acr said:
It's Goodenow's monkeys announcing this. The players that made the deal like Shane Doan aren't working for Goodenow anymore, they're following Gretzky and Lemieux now.
Where did the Shane Doan thing come from? I haven't heard anything about Shane Doan being involved.

Donnie D

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
bcrt2000 said:
the most interesting thing to note was that McKenzie said that Goodenow doesn't want anything to do with negotiations and may resign in the near future

He will resign. "My job was to get us a fair CBA. We have done that. It is now possible for me to move on to other challenges knowing that labor peace will last another 6 years."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad