Confirmed with Link: NHLPA Agrees to re-alignment

13 others

Apr 18, 2007
We can no longer float along in the weakest div. Next year will be a more accurate picture of where we stand.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
I might have preferred a more North-South split in the West.

Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Minnesota, Chicago, Colorado

LA, Anaheim, SJ, Phoenix, Dallas, Nashville, St Louis

More Canadian match-ups with Winnipeg in the division too. This would have preserved the NW and Pacific divisions, while adding two Central teams to each. I don't really see the 4 Pacific teams as our big rivals, it's Chicago and the Canadian teams. Chicago probably doesn't want to be stuck in a division with four Canadian teams though, tough draw for them.

At least there's a greater chance to make the playoffs in the west now, which has been the stronger conference for several seasons. I'm not thrilled with the re-alignment, but it's slightly more fair. If you have a tough division before, it's harder to make the playoffs with unbalanced schedule. Now you're guaranteed at least 3 from your division to make the playoffs.

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
I might have preferred a more North-South split in the West.

Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Minnesota, Chicago, Colorado

LA, Anaheim, SJ, Phoenix, Dallas, Nashville, St Louis

More Canadian match-ups with Winnipeg in the division too. This would have preserved the NW and Pacific divisions, while adding two Central teams to each. I don't really see the 4 Pacific teams as our big rivals, it's Chicago and the Canadian teams. Chicago probably doesn't want to be stuck in a division with four Canadian teams though, tough draw for them.

At least there's a greater chance to make the playoffs in the west now, which has been the stronger conference for several seasons. I'm not thrilled with the re-alignment, but it's slightly more fair. If you have a tough division before, it's harder to make the playoffs with unbalanced schedule. Now you're guaranteed at least 3 from your division to make the playoffs.

North-South would have been a nightmare for time zone differences.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
This makes me wonder if the Canucks will have a better chance at the Cup now that everything is mixed up. I call a Stanley cup final in 2016.

Steve Bennett*

Why the clapping? We no longer might be the default division winners.

That's true, but there's an unfair advantage of the Canucks playing with such awful teams in the division and that's that all these current inter-division games are like playing against AHL or BCJHL teams and don't really prepare the Canucks for when they play against good teams. There should be some sort of mark that the Canucks need to reach each game against other NW teams in order for them to get two points. Like to win by 3 goals or to at least shut out these teams. Anything less should be considered a loss. That would motivate them to blow away these disastrous franchises and keep their quality of play at a higher level...

just my 0.02...

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Good, now go back to the white jerseys at home and all will be well again. :)

Nah I like the dark colours, brings more vibrance to the building. I even think we should change the colour of our stanchions to blue to match our jerseys, just like the Flyers, Sens, Blues and Panthers.

It would look sweet.

I look forward to not making the playoffs next year.

Lol, yeah at this rate we probably won't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad