News Article: NHL'ers don't want to play in Ottawa

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I wouldn't either if I was a young kid. Family man different story.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
What was the last major free agent Montreal snagged who was still in their prime?

It wasn't that long ago that players were refusing to go there like Daniel Briere in his prime.

Ok, any california team is just as bad, yet they don't have issues attracting players because they're good.

Team success is a bigger factor than taxes.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
To be honest, the whole idea of that article is stupid. Who are these great players that are leaving every year to go play in these "first-rate" markets? I don't see players running to Pittsburgh to play with Crosby and Malkin. I don't see players running to Philadelphia to play with Giroux and Voracek. I don't see players running to Chicago or LA to play with Stanley Cup winners.

The only players who you could even consider above average free agents last year were Stastny to St. Louis, Miller and Vrbata to Vancouver, Ehrhoff to Pittsburgh and Niskanen to Washington. And I wouldn't even consider any of those players to be premier talents. The whole article has a flawed premise. Big name players don't move in the first place.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
To be honest, the whole idea of that article is stupid. Who are these great players that are leaving every year to go play in these "first-rate" markets? I don't see players running to Pittsburgh to play with Crosby and Malkin. I don't see players running to Philadelphia to play with Giroux and Voracek. I don't see players running to Chicago or LA to play with Stanley Cup winners.

The only players who you could even consider above average free agents last year were Stastny to St. Louis, Miller and Vrbata to Vancouver, Ehrhoff to Pittsburgh and Niskanen to Washington. And I wouldn't even consider any of those players to be premier talents. The whole article has a flawed premise. Big name players don't move in the first place.

I think your post also has a flawed premise. The article was about which teams are commonly identified by players with NMCs. It has absolutely zero to do with UFAs.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
This comes down to misconceptions. People believe that Ottawa sucks until they actually get here and experience the city. Sure, it is crazy cold in Jan and Feb but is visually spectacular from May to Oct.

Ottawa is a great place to have a family and raise kids. It's clean, its beautiful and it is full of great people.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
I think your post also has a flawed premise. The article was about which teams are commonly identified by players with NMCs. It has absolutely zero to do with UFAs.

Oh well that just makes it even more stupid of an article. Players with full NTC/NMC will have 29 teams on their list. And there aren't many players with partial NTCs. And even the ones with partials usually have 15 teams that they can choose not to go to. So basically the article is targeting a subsection of a subsection of players in the NHL.

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
Arizona is a great place to live but I'm sure players are putting the Coyotes on their No trade list as the deadline is coming.

If NTC existed in the mid 80's, Edmonton would not be on anybody's list.

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
Would be interesting to see the result from 2001-2008 when the Sens were dominate in some years even despite some ownership issues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad