NHL winners and Losers Trade Deadline Deals.

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
as sad as i am we didn't get a d-man, i still think the leafs are winners

mainly because they paid so little for plekanec even with retention compared to some of the other ridiculous returns

BeastoftheEast85

Dec 31, 2010
New Jersey
Devils made our well. Nabbed 2 top 6 wingers without dealing a significant future (2nd, 3rd, B level KHL risk prospect and D level prospect). If we at least resign one of these guys or make a good playoff run, it’s a solid win in my book.

Reactions: ThewThew

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Rangers weren't kidding when they announced a rebuild. In weeks they've probably boosted their prospect pool more than the Canucks have in years :laugh:

No but anyway, the beauty of parity is there's a lot of good players out there potentially for sale. I don't remember seeing already good teams acquiring these caliber of players in a while. Brassard to Pitt, McDonagh to Tampa, Stastny to Winnipeg.. To me all those 3 teams are winners today just because of how complete their teams look right now.

As for the sellers, Detroit got a nice haul for Tatar but for me that's shadowed by the fact that they didn't move anyone else. How the hell do you get nothing for Green.

I think Chicago did pretty well. 1st+ for Hartman, 4th for Wingels.. they didn't have many pieces to move but the ones they did they got the ideal price.

Reactions: Catbug

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Montreal messed up pretty bad . Max PAC is going to be a pure rental now and not return much next year .

Tampa won , Pitts won , Rangers did pretty good .

Reactions: HOPE

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
winners: Detroit, Tampa

losers: canucks, senators

You have to explain the Senators one to me. They held onto players they didn't have to move because the return wasn't there, moving players you didn't have to for an underwhelming return would have made them losers. Seems like they did the opposite. Today was a good day for Dorion, imo.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Montreal messed up pretty bad . Max PAC is going to be a pure rental now and not return much next year .

Tampa won , Pitts won , Rangers did pretty good .
Yep pretty disappointed with the lack of,well anything this tdl from bergevin.

I'd prefer under payment like the rags got on mcdonut over nothing, at least their team is going in a direction.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
I'm not convinced Detroit is a winner. Yes, the Tatar deal was nice, but not being able to deal Green after the speculation of what he could be worth is hard.

I know he's hurt and has a no trade, but now he's likely walking for nothing.
The Mrezak deal could add for Detroit.overall I'm happy with both trades.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Pittsburgh, Tampa and Rangers did really well. They got what they needed.

Losers:
Sabres, Arizona, Ottawa
Neither moved forward with their rebuild. Brassard got a first, Kane a second. I would have liked to see more movement, not necessarily blockbusters but they should do just about anything to get better.

Reactions: ZiGOODejad

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Toronto fans must wonder if they could have beat out that package for mcdo. He would have been huge this year and next for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad