Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Yes

They are already lining up excuses

Hall isn’t ready per the man so where is Dreger getting this
8BB3BC58-5BFE-4A9F-B21F-BD09F69C3204.jpeg

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Fixed because this is the truth - the Bruins can't do anything without it blowing up in Canada. They loathe the Bruins. My hate for the Leafs is mainly because of the crap the media does concerning Boston.

The Canadian Hockey Media has been slobbering over the Bruins all season. This concept that the Canadian hockey media hates the Bruins is absurd.

If anything, they use the Bruins playoff success vs. Toronto as a talking point to trash the Leafs more.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
who cares, been going on since Patrick Kane. get over it, those are the rules.

only hip surgery, minor procedure

Sure, that's what they claimed.

The Canadian Hockey Media has been slobbering over the Bruins all season. This concept that the Canadian hockey media hates the Bruins is absurd.

If anything, they use the Bruins playoff success vs. Toronto as a talking point to trash the Leafs more.

Don't you know everyone everywhere, that isn't a Bruins fan, hates the B's?

Reactions: BruinDust

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
Reading that, it says Foligno. Not Forbort.

I could be missing something or misreading. But if I’m not, there’s a $800k AAV difference between Forbort and Foligno which would knock us back into non-compliance

My question: Is Steen and Lauko being sent down part of this math?
You’re right. I misread it.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
TBL did the same thing with Kucherov a few years ago

NHL can go pound sand regarding this matter

Btw Dreger has no clue how ready either Foligno or Hall are at the moment. He can go pound sand also

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
whats the league going to do, force Hall to go to a doctor that agrees with Leafs fans, not ethical.
They cant do much... unless investigate with team doctor and player. Which would open a can of worms. Bruins can easily ... resort to/bring up the Kucherov situation a few years back (out all season and magically ready to play game 1 in the playoffs)

The Bruins are not doing anything wrong. In theory by not playing vets .. Foligno and Hall...
It weakens the team/standings.

Why would the Bruins do such a thing 🤔

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

Toronto is Hockey Night In Canada pretty much and if you think those guys on that panel are not hoping for a Bruins upset your sadly mistaken.

Bingo

Also Shanahan
That sack of shit getting fired when this is over and Leafs out

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

I don't agree - for example, they point out every incident they can to try to get suspensions for the Bruins. They omit when Leafs players do the same things. I have heard it and seen it with my own eyes. Maybe you are watching something different.

I have even heard local media say they hate everything Boston. It isn't hidden around here.

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I don't agree - for example, they point out every incident they can to try to get suspensions for the Bruins. They omit when Leafs players do the same things. I have heard it and seen it with my own eyes. Maybe you are watching something different.

I have even heard local media say they hate everything Boston. It isn't hidden around here.

I can honestly say I've never seen the hockey media up here do that. But we could easily be watching different broadcasters/media personalities. My take is generally from the Sportsnet and TSN crowd and not local media-types. And this year especially, they've (TSN and SN) loved all things Bruins. Gushing over them constantly. Practically handing them the cup already. Meanwhile when it comes to the Leafs, you keep hearing them be skeptical (as they should be).

I will say back in the day when Glenn Healy was around on Canadian TV that he clearly had a hate-on for the Bruins. Probably more directed at ownership but when he spoke about the Bruins you could hear the disdain in his voice and tone. I also found Greg Millen a bit like that as well on color commentary.

I think it should be pointed out that the Bruins are a very popular team in Canada. Their are plenty of hockey fans up here who do not cheer for any of the 7 Canadian clubs and the Bruins for my estimation are the most popular US-based team here (them or Detroit). The Bruins games are on Sportsnet more than any other American team, enough so that I cut out my NHL Centre-Ice/Gamecenter/whatever a few years ago as SN show enough Bruins games to fill my hockey appetite. They are a ratings draw up here.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I can honestly say I've never seen the hockey media up here do that. But we could easily be watching different broadcasters/media personalities. My take is generally from the Sportsnet and TSN crowd and not local media-types. And this year especially, they've (TSN and SN) loved all things Bruins. Gushing over them constantly. Practically handing them the cup already. Meanwhile when it comes to the Leafs, you keep hearing them be skeptical (as they should be).

I will say back in the day when Glenn Healy was around on Canadian TV that he clearly had a hate-on for the Bruins. Probably more directed at ownership but when he spoke about the Bruins you could hear the disdain in his voice and tone. I also found Greg Millen a bit like that as well on color commentary.

I think it should be pointed out that the Bruins are a very popular team in Canada. Their are plenty of hockey fans up here who do not cheer for any of the 7 Canadian clubs and the Bruins for my estimation are the most popular US-based team here (them or Detroit). The Bruins games are on Sportsnet more than any other American team, enough so that I cut out my NHL Centre-Ice/Gamecenter/whatever a few years ago as SN show enough Bruins games to fill my hockey appetite. They are a ratings draw up here.
QFT

Reactions: BruinDust

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Why wasn’t this something addressed during an offseason is my question…

It’s happened multiple years, with tons of different people raising the issue, only to hear crickets. Then all of the all sudden the league decides it’s this year around game 60 where they’re going to get serious…
I believe it was and they didn't want to change it. You never know when it could benefit u, was the mutual feeling.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I will go ahead and say it because I have no problem saying it and I don't wear black and gold colored glasses.

Grzelcyk, Marchand, McAvoy and to some extent Carlo, all back from injuries/surgeries way ahead of schedule (even Krejci when he was out). You have to question (if you're being honest with yourselves) whether the Bruins are being honest with timelines of players returns, they certainly weren't for those players.

Sometimes it pays to be honest from the get go so that it doesn't raise questions at a later date.

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
Get bent NHL.

You made this bed allowing TB to do it with Kucherov who was practicing for what...a month before the activated him MIRACULOUSLY in time for game 1.
Exactly! If it’s so bad they should have changed it already. I heard on the NHL Network today that there was talk after TB did this to change the loophole…..but several teams were against it….in case they needed it. Other teams would do it, we know they would. So if you can use it do it. I have no issue at all if this is what the Bruins are doing. None at all as there is nothing that says they can’t.

Reactions: TCB

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Fixed because this is the truth - the Bruins can't do anything without it blowing up in Canada. They loathe the Bruins. My hate for the Leafs is mainly because of the crap the media does concerning Boston.

I’ve been told several times that Canada’s second favorite team is the bruins tho so I don’t know about that

Concessionaire

That could have gone better.
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2003
New Orleans
I will go ahead and say it because I have no problem saying it and I don't wear black and gold colored glasses.

Grzelcyk, Marchand, McAvoy and to some extent Carlo, all back from injuries/surgeries way ahead of schedule (even Krejci when he was out). You have to question (if you're being honest with yourselves) whether the Bruins are being honest with timelines of players returns, they certainly weren't for those players.

Sometimes it pays to be honest from the get go so that it doesn't raise questions at a later date.
I don't think it's necessarily dishonest to give the most conservative timeline for an athlete's recovery. It puts less pressure on the players to return prematurely and lowers fan expectations.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I don't think it's necessarily dishonest to give the most conservative timeline for an athlete's recovery. It puts less pressure on the players to return prematurely and lowers fan expectations.

Yea I take that more as the same thing when a company tells you your package will be there in 5-10 days or a host tells you your table will be ready in 45 minutes but your package gets there in 3 days and your table is ready in 15, you’re only ever pleasantly surprised and can’t bitch at the messenger that it was late

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Exactly! If it’s so bad they should have changed it already. I heard on the NHL Network today that there was talk after TB did this to change the loophole…..but several teams were against it….in case they needed it. Other teams would do it, we know they would. So if you can use it do it. I have no issue at all if this is what the Bruins are doing. None at all as there is nothing that says they can’t.
The Blackhawks used the loophole with Patrick Kane way long before

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad