TSN: NHL watching Bruins on LTIR issues with Taylor Hall and Nick Foligno

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
“Ya but that’s no one cares about who is activated and who isn’t during the rest of the regular season.”
Ok great job. Now why is Dreger saying that… is it because it matters for the regular season? No, absolutely not. Teams aren’t “watching the bruins situation” because they care what happens with hall, foligno and forbort for the final 8 games of the regular season. Teams are “watching the bruins situation” because they know come playoff time it’s more than likely they all be activated day 1 of the playoffs.

So again no one cares about the regular season. Any way you slice it the bruins will be circumventing (legally) the cap whether it’s hall that’s on IR or foligno/forbort. Maybe it looks a little better if hall comes off, but come playoff time is where teams are actually concerned.

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I don't think it's necessarily dishonest to give the most conservative timeline for an athlete's recovery. It puts less pressure on the players to return prematurely and lowers fan expectations.
No its not, as long as what they are telling the player is the same as what they are telling the media and in turn the fans.

By Marchand's own admission, the early return date was circled on the calendar long before he actually made his return and they wanted to "keep it close".

Concessionaire

That could have gone better.
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2003
New Orleans
No its not, as long as what they are telling the player is the same as what they are telling the media and in turn the fans.

By Marchand's own admission, the early return date was circled on the calendar long before he actually made his return and they wanted to "keep it close".
I have no problem with teams setting an internal target for recovery that is different from the public one. That's just a case of "hope for the best, prepare for the worst."

I mean this is the league of the super vague prognosis ("upper body injury"). It's not like public accuracy is particularly encouraged.

Reactions: pearljamvs5

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad