NHL unveils reverse retro jerseys

Status
Not open for further replies.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT

Bring that jersey back as our regular one.

given the "reverse" tag being put out, maybe we see these with the eggplant and jade swapped from the top n bottom

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
The VGK one is fine. Hockey fans taste in jerseys is:
Old logo, preferably Og Six
One stripe or possibly even 2 on the armpiece part of the jersey
Red, blue or both color(s) accented with white

Everything else sucks and you're never allowed to go original, just like how the Preds are the only team using yellow jerseys (before the knights now)

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
My guess is the Oilers will go with something like this

oilers-whites-concept.PNG

If the "reverse home jersey" thing is legit. It's a updated white version of the original Alberta Oilers jerseys from the 70s.

Or the MacFarlane 90s design

spgutug7ibo41.jpg

Or maybe the 1979 Gretzky rookie year orange logo whites

Screen-Shot-2020-03-19-at-11.58.45-PM.png

Reactions: KirkW and BumDum

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
buffalo_sabres_2000-2006.png

This would be a top 5 primary logo on any other team. On a decent sweater this could be a force.

There are people who like the goat head, like there are people who like the slug, but I think it screams cheesy 90's style.

Granted, there are far worse Sabres jersey's than the goat head, so I won't be disappointed if they go with it as a money-grabbing 4th jersey.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Same with the Wild. Minnesota’s Alts were going to be the winter classic, but you know COVID happened.

The Wild let STHs vote on alts a few seasons ago and sadly they picked black sweaters they were scrapped after failing the tv test and looking horrible.(Thank God)

our athletic beat writer think the FO is leaning on retro North Stars sweaters but with the Wild logo instead of the N. I still wouldn’t be shocked if they went back to the 2000s Wild sweater though.
Honestly I'd be in favor of doing what the Bobcats/Hornets did and bring back the North Stars name and colors permanently. Maybe it's because of my age but the Minnesota Wild just doesn't sound or feel right the way the Minnesota North Stars does.

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
My guess is the Oilers will go with something like this

oilers-whites-concept.PNG

If the "reverse home jersey" thing is legit. It's a updated white version of the original Alberta Oilers jerseys from the 70s.

Or the MacFarlane 90s design

spgutug7ibo41.jpg

Or maybe the 1979 Gretzky rookie year orange logo whites

Screen-Shot-2020-03-19-at-11.58.45-PM.png
imo:
1st one is mainstream trash.
MacFarlane is cool because it's original (although from a distance looks a bit like Kings blacks which is a really nice jersey anyways AND c'mon that was a Gretzky jersey).
Last one is sick with the huge #'s and super-retro Oil logo.

I couldn't help but notice how massive those gloves are. Guys complain nowadays about slashing and we saw only 3 years ago Crosby hack Methot's finger off... I don't think that would happen in older gauntlets.
Love that Northland stick too!

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Make an Ikea jersey, swap the colours for blue and yellow to celebrate the swedish era which was pretty big for the wings!

Those should work well. The Swedish history is long... and future too.

Historic forwards:
Johan Franzén - Henrik Zetterberg - Tomas Holmström
Gustav Nyquist - Joakim Andersson - Mikael Samuelsson
Johan Garpenlöv - Christoffer Ehn - Daniel Alfredsson
Jacob de la Rose - Dan Labraaten - Tomas Sandström
Fabian Brunsström - Mattias Ritola
------------------------------- New Era forwards:
Lucas Raymond - Theodor Niederbach - Jonatan Berggren
Dmytro Timashov - Elmer Söderblom - Mathias Bromé
Albin Grewe

Historic Defence:
Nicklas Lidström - Niklas Kronwall
Jonathan Ericsson - Andreas Lilja
Anders Eriksson - Fredrik Olausson
Ulf Samuelsson - Börje Salming
Per Djoos - Adam Almquist
-------------------------- New Era defenceman
Patrik Nemeth - Gustav Lindström
Albert Johansson - William Wallinder
Gustav Berglund

Historic Goalies
Jonas Gustavsson
---------------------New Era goalies:
Filip Larsson
Victor Brattström
Jesper Eliasson

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
I'm amazed at how many pics of just old jerseys are posted. Every team will have a REVERSED retro jersey, so probably not a single one of them will make a comeback.
Well aren't you just ruining the fun. Let me guess you step on other people's sandcastles?

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
This is the only jersey I want to see other than the standard set.

8be2939a7e79db4dba0aff8268d64960.jpg

Damn shame we only got to see these in action twice.

Also if they are going to be reverse retro, they already have a jersey lined up.

50213.jpg

Last edited:

BiolaRunner

Jan 19, 2018
I'm amazed at how many pics of just old jerseys are posted. Every team will have a REVERSED retro jersey, so probably not a single one of them will make a comeback.

Well, most of these jerseys are from a time when home sweaters were white and away were dark. Reverse it to how it is today

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I tried to explain that as well but no one seems to grasp the word reverse in this thread.

Every jersey released is a previous jersey but in a different color. I’m not sure what is so hard to understand.

Carry on posting pictures of throw backs that won’t be worn, people.

Reactions: BOS358
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad