GDT: NHL Trade Deadline Thread Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
TBH, I wouldn't mind trading Hornqvist for a couple of draft picks at this stage. The guy is useless in his current form and it appears that his reckless type of play isn't aging well. Looks physically outmatched out there almost every night.

That $5.3M cap number could come back to haunt us in the coming years

Or we could use him in the top 6 where his talent can be put to use.

How are skills like battling along the boards and causing havoc in front of the net supposed to be exploited with Bjugstad and McCann?

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Just looking at moves other teams are making, then looking at the way the Pens are playing...wondering if the window has closed...
anmO2T8.gif
Naw still there, just gotta get the team to commit to playing team D and perhaps pick up another top 4 D and limit JJ's time.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
You can never gauge JR. I am 100% sure he's out there looking for a wild west trade. The guy is HF poster level crazy when it comes to wanting to make trades.

And nobody will know anything about it until he pulls the trigger. Doesn't seem like there are many "ins" around the organization.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
TBH, I wouldn't mind trading Hornqvist for a couple of draft picks at this stage. The guy is useless in his current form and it appears that his reckless type of play isn't aging well. Looks physically outmatched out there almost every night.

That $5.3M cap number could come back to haunt us in the coming years
Before the last concussion, he was the straw that stirred the drink on the PP, and performed well in every capacity. But it has been, 14-15 games of big time struggles now without a single point. Pretty depressing.

If this is the new norm, sure, he doesn't have a place in the lineup. But if they trade him and he returns to form, it would be a colossal mistake.

House of tpo

Oct 20, 2017
Zucc replacing Kessel would probably do wonder for this team.

Jake - Crosby - Zucc
Pearson - Malkin - Rust
McCann- Bjugstad - Hornqvist

Looks nice.
How's that look nice ,pearson hasnt been good ,and have you watched that 3rd line at all ,no great shakes there neither

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
You can never gauge JR. I am 100% sure he's out there looking for a wild west trade. The guy is HF poster level crazy when it comes to wanting to make trades.

And nobody will know anything about it until he pulls the trigger. Doesn't seem like there are many "ins" around the organization.

The JR up until June of 2017 certainly was.

The JR since? I've been among those saying forever that JR is willing to take the type of risks Shero never would when he knew it was necessary, but this JR . . . I wonder if those wild west days are gone.

Well at least until the inevitable ugly playoff exit (assuming of course we make it, which hardly is a given).

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
The JR up until June of 2017 certainly was.

The JR since? I've been among those saying forever that JR is willing to take the type of risks Shero never would when he knew it was necessary, but this JR . . . I wonder if those wild west days are gone.

Well at least until the inevitable ugly playoff exit (assuming of course we make it, which hardly is a given).

Brassard was pretty ballsy - as was then chasing McDonagh as well.

I think we'll see the return of the gangster this summer.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Brassard was pretty ballsy - as was then chasing McDonagh as well.

I think we'll see the return of the gangster this summer.

ALMOST doing something big isn't ballsy.

And, giving up a bunch of futures isn't ballsy.

That's the type of **** Ray Shero did all the time as part of his 'keep as much of the band together and fill it with poor man's replacements and deadline rentals' approach.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Before the last concussion, he was the straw that stirred the drink on the PP, and performed well in every capacity. But it has been, 14-15 games of big time struggles now without a single point. Pretty depressing.

If this is the new norm, sure, he doesn't have a place in the lineup. But if they trade him and he returns to form, it would be a colossal mistake.

Imagine if every team up and traded every player who had a bad stretch. It would be chaos.

We would have nobody left other than Sid. Seriously.

Reactions: Peat

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Nothin' really of note around the league tonight PIT wise.
One scout watching OTT/CBJ. Is Ceci playing?

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
ALMOST doing something big isn't ballsy.

And, giving up a bunch of futures isn't ballsy.

That's the type of **** Ray Shero did all the time as part of his 'keep as much of the band together and fill it with poor man's replacements and deadline rentals' approach.

Brass move was Ballsy. Shero would have traded for a rental Marcel Goc or something.

Reactions: WheresRamziAbid

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
We don't need 3 threads talking about 1 player. If you made a thread designated about that player - keep the chat there.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Yes, but no Dzingel. And, it probably was advance scouting since we play Columbus on Tuesday, no?

Brass was ballsy like Iginla was ballsy. He gave up a 1st.

Iginla was a rental. Different situation although both were going "all in" so to speak. I personally like how JR gets players with term when he moves the 1st. That said, JR has definitely had some questionable moves.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
It's too small of a sample size for me to say it wouldn't work based on 1 game.

I mean sure, but unless one of those 3 (aka McCann/Bjugstad) really surprise you, one isn't going to look at that line and think about how good they'll be offensively. Because JM doesn't do much to create offense. NB is better, but it's not like he has a lot of help there. I'm not saying any of those 3 are bad individually, but I look at that line and see one that's good defensively, but one that won't do much offensively.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Imagine if every team up and traded every player who had a bad stretch. It would be chaos.

We would have nobody left other than Sid. Seriously.
oh, don't be so quick to make that statement. Sid has had a few slumps where there was chatter about him being over the hill and to get as much out of him before he is untradeable. lol

Reactions: Peat and ColePens

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I think we all need to understand JJ is getting one "playoff run" here. I put it in quotations because the run might be to game 82 and we may miss. But he's getting a playoff run. JJ is hell bent on proving this move right. It's insane.

Reactions: KIRK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad