NHL Trade Deadline - Post-Game thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Apparently so, that line isn't looking that great so far.
It also was a situation of back to back games with basically no practice for Zucker and 1 practice for Beauvillier with a system that took the existing team months to get the hang of.

Reactions: PredsV82

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
I don't think Trotz ever approached this as a binary rebuild/compete question. He's sought to overhaul the roster, which is partially done but still very much a work in progress, and he let the on-ice results dictate some of his moves here at the deadline. He ditched an expiring that wasn't going to re-sign and brought in some other expiring guys for cheap. Didn't sink major future assets at all, the kids are still cooking and in play, and he has flexibility moving forward.

We're also still a decidedly 4th best team in the division, and a fair cut from the top 3 teams, so I think anything more than a first round bounce is unrealistic.
Don't know about "cheap". Zucker is #2 highest paid forward. Beauvillier is the #4 highest paid forward. Trenin, in contrast, is making less than 50% of Beauvillier.

By the other definition, Trotz did not give up much of anything for these guys. So in terms of trades, yeah, this was very cheap.

Last edited:
Reactions: PredsV82

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
It also was a situation of back to back games with basically no practice for Zucker and 1 practice for Beauvillier with a system that took the existing team months to get the hang of.
And yet we think the better option is to throw two guys in there and hope they can get the hang of it in a couple weeks over a guy who already had the hang of it? Not to mention Sissons and Trenin have played together for multiple years, there is no way the new guys get past that fact.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I like trenin but it isnt like he was terribly productive this year. He had 8 points in the first 12 games. Then 6 spread out over the next 48 played.

I guess his trick is being big and physical which some people attach themselves to. I think we have an over abundance of with McCarron/Lauzon/Schenn etc but thats my opinion.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I like trenin but it isnt like he was terribly productive this year. He had 8 points in the first 12 games. Then 6 spread out over the next 48 played.

I guess his trick is being big and physical which some people attach themselves to. I think we have an over abundance of with McCarron/Lauzon/Schenn etc but thats my opinion.
Sometimes a line is better by the sum of its parts rather than a single players production.

Reactions: Kat Predator
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad