Post-Game Talk: Preds NHL Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Not a guarantee we even get one of the above mentioned names, but things are heating up and Poile is seemingly ready to go all out. Who would be the best addition?

I love the size and skill of Stone, and I think he would be the best add for a tough series with the Jets.

Panarin is world class star, but under 6' tall.

Simmonds is less offensively gifted, but brings a ton of grit which we need. I also feel like putting him on a team with PK would be great for them both, they are probably the best two players in NHL history of color, and I think it may get them both pumped up and take their play to another level, we know Simmonds is capable of 60 plus points.

If Stone or Panarin come in though, does this mean the Jofa line is split up?? Is this good or bad?

I feel like we have a better chance to extend stone or simmonds over panarin, i think panarin is bound to hit free agency and cash out.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
panarin is a pipe dream. he won't re sign here.

hell no to simmonds. he is good on a PP and a bad hockey player.

universal yes to stone if extended.

Simmonds would be cheaper than the other two, adds much needed size and grit, as well as he may resign. Why do you say he is a bad hockey player??

Simmonds coming aboard also means he plays on Turris line and the Jofa line and its chemistry is not broken up. If Stone or Panarin come in, you better believe they are first line guys. And will cost a ton more.

I am all for Stone, I think he would like it here and would resign as well. Plus he is a monster with a 6'4" frame and can produce offense on a terrible team. Imagine what he brings to us?? He would be so amazing to have on the team.

Reactions: DominikBokkFan

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
No to Panerin as he won't resign. Why get Simmons when we just got Boyle. Stone would be the only player to really go after but we'd also have to beat out a lot of other teams.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
is Dzingel a possibility?
Oh don't you start too.

26-year old that was an average bottom 6er until getting upgraded minutes and linemates when Ottawa went in the tank last season. Career season in a contract year. Not worth what they're going to try to get for him and I feel pretty certain his production would fall back to earth if placed in the bottom 6 here (he's not better than Fiala or Smith).

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
A week ago, I was on the Simmonds train, but we got Boyle so that's that for the type of player/role I was wanting Simmonds for. Panarin or Stone would be good with me! Hell Duchene would be ok too, as big a head case as he turned out to be...

Reactions: GeauxPreds1

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
No to Panerin as he won't resign. Why get Simmons when we just got Boyle. Stone would be the only player to really go after but we'd also have to beat out a lot of other teams.
I agree with you but it's a weird thing. I feel like a lot of fan bases have a defeatist attitude towards being able to resign him. That's fine, but which fans should be confident? Going back to Chicago? Big city Rangers? Any credibility to him wanting to be warm "near the water", so Panthers or (please no) Lightning? He's never really mentioned the west coast but who knows? Who are the confident fans right now?

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
I agree with you but it's a weird thing. I feel like a lot of fan bases have a defeatist attitude towards being able to resign him. That's fine, but which fans should be confident? Going back to Chicago? Big city Rangers? Any credibility to him wanting to be warm "near the water", so Panthers or (please no) Lightning? He's never really mentioned the west coast but who knows? Who are the confident fans right now?
KHL fans?

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I sure would love stone, he big, tough, talented as hell, great defensively and best of all, he’s is from Winnipeg!! Imagine a Winnipeg native sticking it to the jets in the playoffs?!?! I imagine we would have some extra preds fans in their building as in his family.

Plus I think he would resign as he is same age as most of our core guys and I think our boys are pretty good guys.

Panarin doesn’t have the size or defensive ability that stone does. I do not think he is all that much more talented really either. Stone is the best option. Plus panarin would be our only Russian, he would not resign because of that alone, don’t even worry about the water.

To those saying we stand pat, I think your wrong. Poile has accomplished everything in hockey but win a cup. He is starving and is ready to mortgage the future. And if that brings us a cup it’s all worth it. Fabbro May never even sign here, tolvanen is not living up to the hype and our firsts will be late ones. So dive in the deep end poile!
Too much talk about us being big players more than any other year for nothing to happen. Going to be exciting to see what happens.

Also, someone above mentioned the chemistry of stone and turris, and all we would need is Hoffman. Well Hoffman is also in the trade talks and is having a heck of a season as well. Maybe poile looks into him too. (Just noticed post above me as well about hoff)

Time will tell guys,

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I figure we go hard for stone. If not then I think poile goes for panarin. But it just scares me because he probably does not resign and does not have the size needed to beat jets.

I think stone will cost more though for sure.

We definitely have a history of big trades with send and jackets both so it should be interesting.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I'd love to have Stone or Duchene, but I have a strange feeling Poile isn't going to do anything and if he does it won't be the players we hope it is.
Duchene I don’t want. As soon as he left the avs they turned into a top team and the send turned into a bad team. He will wreck our chemistry. No thanks.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Duchene I don’t want. As soon as he left the avs they turned into a top team and the send turned into a bad team. He will wreck our chemistry. No thanks.
Those are an awful lot of assumptions. The Avs didn't go from historically bad to the playoffs just because Duchene was gone. The Sens trip to the ECF was more of a fluke season. They're typically not great and this year is closer to the norm for them.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Those are an awful lot of assumptions. The Avs didn't go from historically bad to the playoffs just because Duchene was gone. The Sens trip to the ECF was more of a fluke season. They're typically not great and this year is closer to the norm for them.
Either way. Is it worth the risk of trading a bunch for him and having him “possibly” screwing up chemistry?

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
oracle has spoken, close the thread

don't get me wrong, we need a stone or Duchene or some other real offensive threat forward, I just don't believe Poile will do it this year. I think they are still of the opinion if we just get healthy and get everyone back into playing shape we have enough. Now if we get eliminated this year in the first or second round I expect something big to be done in the off season, probably involving trading either subban, ellis, fiala, or turris or maybe even a combination of the them. just don't expect it this year.

Reactions: predhead1

darnok

Mar 15, 2014
Oh don't you start too.

26-year old that was an average bottom 6er until getting upgraded minutes and linemates when Ottawa went in the tank last season. Career season in a contract year. Not worth what they're going to try to get for him and I feel pretty certain his production would fall back to earth if placed in the bottom 6 here (he's not better than Fiala or Smith).
Ever seen him play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad