GDT: NHL Trade Deadline Day Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
i dont even understand how this is selling low on despres. the guy got a shot and was producing at a top 4 level as a 23 year old. sure there were warts, but he was big and skated well and liked to hit people. if anything, he shouldve established some decent value for himself. this just seems like wanting him gone regardless of value

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
They wanted a safer D-man. And obviously didn't see Despres in the longterm plans with DP, Harrington and Dumoulin coming.

If DP stays up all season and Lovejoy has a solid postseason, I can stomach it.

This is how i see it as well.
The only thing that hurts is JR probably could've gotten more for Despres and probably should've gotten a F prospect instead of a 31 yr old D-Man.

There was always gonna be an odd man out between Domoulin, Harrington and Despres.

It seems Despres was the expendable one here.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Lets get rid of a good, young up and coming dman for a guy who couldnt make a good go of it here .. 3 years ago.

All while keeping Adams and Scuderi.

Job well done.

I hope Despres lights up the Pens on their next meeting. On the scoreboard, hits, whatever. I dont care. Light it the f up.

robopigeon

Dec 9, 2013
Thing is, IC has been hinting Despres was gone for weeks now. Did they want Lovejoy the whole time? Because... there had to be better value for Despres, somewhere. Jesus ****ing christ. Of all the ex-Pens to come back, who the hell cares about Lovejoy.

We're ****ed in the playoffs.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
gonna be brutal to watch the rob scuderi career renaissance bandwagon derail into the river

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Happy for JMelm, though. Dumoulin wins out!

Happy for you too. You called Despres and Bennett being gone. You batted .500. Compare that to the so called insiders.

BTW, watching Sens PC on TSN. Bryan Murray . . . poor guy.

Snooki Stackhouse

Dec 6, 2007
Pittsburgh
Pens got worse today, no freaking doubt about it. Horrendous job by Rutherford. I won't buy another Penguin ticket or merch until the organizational philosophy changes.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
It's not that they don't like Despres. That's fine. The return being a 31 year old low ceiling D-Man is not.

nape

Feb 27, 2013
The Pens have obviously been shopping Despres for a while. The fact that was swapped for a mid tier defenseman should speak volumes about how he is viewed around the league.

A lot of you seem to think hockey is a one-on-one sport. Why not wait to see if the TEAM is better before jumping of the ledge?

Hell, even Pierre Mcguire said Despres' development has stalled and is no longer viewed as the prospect he once was.

NatureBoy

Mar 28, 2013
Austria
Wow, this is so messed up! Draft one D-Man after another, don´t use or develop them right, then ship them of for NOTHING!!! This is brillant! No forward depth at all in the organization.....no draft picks.....

This is a joke, what a waste of two of the best players in the world. I am ready to throw in the towel, I doubt this organization will ever learn. You get lucky with franchise players again and you run the team like this......

The Flyers got 2 picks and Gudas for a guy like Coburn and what are the Pens doing? Incredible!

There are no words for this, I am sorry!

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
BB and Maatta for a 7th round pick!

BTW, Maatta alone might get you a 2nd still, in spite of the injury concerns. But, you'd have to adjust to get a team to swallow Bennett in the same deal.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Pens got worse today, no freaking doubt about it. Horrendous job by Rutherford. I won't buy another Penguin ticket or merch until the organizational philosophy changes.

I think they got two D-Men that are more steady right now but they lost upside in Despres. You can't trade a 23 year old for a 31 year old with no upside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad