GDT: NHL Trade Deadline Day Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
This organization would be a complete tire-fire without being gifted so many generational talents.

Glad that Burkle and Lemieux mentioned Simon as being a young player that was being underutilized. Maybe Anaheim will fix that.

:laugh:

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
They wanted a safer D-man. And obviously didn't see Despres in the longterm plans with DP, Harrington and Dumoulin coming.

If DP stays up all season and Lovejoy has a solid postseason, I can stomach it.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I genuinely think this is the most angry I've ever seen this board. I'm still baffled. Surely we could have gotten a much better return than Lovejoy for Despres.

Sawski21

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh PA
They pushed back the presser so maybe there is something else in the works. One could only hope JR is still working the phones to make this team a little less soft.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
We could have traded Despres in a young D swap a la Bort/Cole, we could have moved him for picks to restock there, we could have moved him for a young forward and what do we do? We move him for a fringe 31 year old D-Man that already failed here once.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
The only reason that I can think they did this was that they believe Pouliot can handle Despres ice time and responsibilities and with Harrington and Dumoulin coming through and Maatta back from injury we should be fine.

that isnt an excuse to sell low on a guy... seriously Hockey GMs and coaches combined have the IQ of a single gnat... of all the sports I follow they hands down have the least clue how to run a sports franchise...

ex players should never be allowed to run a sports team. they actually know the least about teambuilding... playing a sport is like being a soldier... you dont get to understand the ins and outs of why things work or what the plan really is... you actually get a skewered perspective from that viewpoint more often then not...

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
No team in the league right now could with a championship with our defense. I would love to be eating these words in the summer but i know i wont be.

NatureBoy

Mar 28, 2013
Austria
They wanted a safer D-man. And obviously didn't see Despres in the longterm plans with DP, Harrington and Dumoulin coming.

Well, the postseason won´t be long, so....

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC

Morrow and Despres are gone, matter of time before Dumo, Harrington, DP are gone.:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad