Post-Game Talk: NHL Trade Deadline 2016 | Monday, Feb. 29 | 3:00 PM ET | 21:00 CET

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Maybe fans should give up watching anymore games since we didn't make a move at the deadline. Sounds like fans are convinced this team can't win anything big this year. Why watch??

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
I don't think this roster could beat the Rangers or the caps in the playoffs but that's my opinion. With Stamkos maybe leaving this summer this year was a good year to go all in .

That's kind of how I feel too, UNLESS Stamkos and TKO both are hot and stay that way for a while.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I've been up since 4:30 this morning and worked for 14 hours at the hospital. I don't have the damn energy to do this tonight. I'm not going to argue every point you made.

Look for yourself at what the competition is. If you feel optimistic then I wish I could borrow it from you. Last year I could confidently predict we would fall in 6 games to the NYR in the ECF and the Lightning would come out of nowhere to shock the world as the best team no one saw coming. I never said it on here because I didn't want to sound cocky or like I wanted to jinx the team. I do not have the same faith as last year. The moment our offense can't get its **** together is the moment Luongo shuts the door and Boston's 4th best offense in the NHL finds a way to break us down. In a sample size that runs since April of last year, this is the SECOND consistent stretch a Stamkos + KFC line has provided us. The first stretch came in the ECF vs the NYR. This gives me no cause for confidence and optimism, Hose. I will not believe it possible until we get on the mountain and start climbing.

We can keep winning all we please right now. The Capitals have proven to me my entire adult life that what you do in the regular season means nothing

Why do you work a 14 hour shift and not a 12? You've only been up for 18 hours that's not that long of a day.

The Rangers aren't better then last year, don't think Pittsburgh or the Islanders are either. Boston, Detroit and Florida all need their goaltending to be lights out to have any chance. Washington is the only threat and as you said they're a great regular season team but not strong in the playoffs. I think we have a very good shot of getting out of the East.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Why do you work a 14 hour shift and not a 12? You've only been up for 18 hours that's not that long of a day.

The Rangers aren't better then last year, don't think Pittsburgh or the Islanders are either. Boston, Detroit and Florida all need their goaltending to be lights out to have any chance. Washington is the only threat and as you said they're a great regular season team but not strong in the playoffs. I think we have a very good shot of getting out of the East.

I know when I'm getting Hosed buddy. Laid it on too thick. Not gonna do it anymore man.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

Sure I do to but la, ducks or the Hawks will crush us!

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
At the top of our game we can beat anyone. Stop being so over-dramatic please.

Yeah, but with how good the Hawks are, we will have to be clicking on all cylinders basically every game of 7 to win. They're stacked. I'm not saying we can't do it, but ALL our guys, everyone in the top 9 especially, would have to step up, nonstop for 7.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Sure I do to but la, ducks or the Hawks will crush us!

Did you read my post earlier in the thread where I compared our roster to the Hawks? I feel we compare favorably if not better, we just need to be healthy. They added Ladd, we have a Ladd in Killorn who's better in the playoffs. Fleischmann is a 4th liner, the only piece they got that's good is Weise. Unless Weise goes 14 playoffs on us again don't think he puts them over the top compared to us.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
This thread will be funny if all those "scary" teams get bounced in the first couple rounds.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
All the people who are scared of the Hawks go look at their roster and tell me where the huge advantage is? Kane is the only thing that we don't have but nobody in the league has a Kane this year besides Chicago. I'm sure Panarin is putting up his numbers because of Kane, Anisimov is having a career year on that line but is only a few points above Filpulla who's having a down year playing a 3rd line checking role. That's the only line that's scares me but it's really a two man show and we shut Kane down in the finals last year so wouldn't be afraid to face him again.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
The Lightning, since getting their act together, are 18-6-1 in their last 25 games. One of the pre-season Cup favorites is playing just like a Cup favorite at this point. More importantly, their quality of play has matched that record; scoring depth, generally excellent goaltending, and decent enough defensive play.

Washington would likely beat TB if they meet in the playoffs because Washington always eviscerates TB. Other than that, I don't see who TB can't beat en route to the Final. And...****, you just take your chances at that point if you get there. It's not like Chicago ran Tampa off the ice in the Final last season, though I think it is still fair enough to say they were the better team.

Look - maybe TB could have upgraded at the deadline? Ok. There's room for improvement, especially with respect to defensive depth. Fine.

Can you tell me who they should have added then? Some of these trades were ridiculous tilted to the sellers. Kris Russell for a conditional 2nd, among others, was insanity. Dan Hamhuis would not have waived to come to TB, by the sounds of it. Elsewhere - Brandon Pirri for a 6th was an offer that Anaheim could get away with; not TB. I'm just not sure what some of you guys were expecting here, given how much of a sellers market this was. If there's reason to be annoyed with any of Yzerman's deadline moves, it's to still be annoyed about last year, and trading away Brett Connolly just when he was playing his best hockey of the season. That trade will never make any sense to me. It was almost like the Pirri trade this deadline, except even then, Yzerman actually looks good in a relative sense of what he got in return.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
At the top of our game we can beat anyone. Stop being so over-dramatic please.

This was the case last year, I was pretty confident against any match up in the league, this year however, LA, Chicago and Washington have made huge improvements on their rosters, wouldn't be confident matching up against any of those 3.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Not in the playoffs they don't. :naughty:

In 2010-11 the Caps won the regular season series 4-2, with two blowout wins over us 6-0 and 6-3. Got swept when it counted.

This Capitals team is nowhere near as one-dimensional as the 2011 one, Caps are a terrible matchup against the Lightning this year, they're extremely big and mobile, they're like a faster version of the Bruins (11'-14') teams but with even more skill.

Last edited:

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
This Capitals team is nowhere near as one-dimensional as the 2011 one, Caps are a terrible matchup against the Lightning this year, they're extremely big and mobile, they're like a faster version of the Bruins teams but with even more skill.

The capitals are the one team I want no part of in the east.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
A healthy Johnson and Bishop and who knows what could have happened? Just have to stay confident and HEALTHY.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
A healthy Johnson and Bishop and who knows what could have happened? Just have to stay confident and HEALTHY.

Bishop was healthy for the most part, minor injury but didn't affect his play that much. Either way, you can't expect to go 4 rounds without some casualties, that's where depth comes into play.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
Bishop was healthy for the most part, minor injury but didn't affect his play that much. Either way, you can't expect to go 4 rounds without some casualties, that's where depth comes into play.

And with everyone healthy, sure, we have pretty good depth...

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
And with everyone healthy, sure, we have pretty good depth...

The secondary scoring from the bottom-6 in last years playoffs was abysmal, can't forget it considering it was brought up nearly every game in the finals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad