Post-Game Talk: NHL Trade Deadline 2016 | Monday, Feb. 29 | 3:00 PM ET | 21:00 CET

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
NHL Trade Deadline 2016

Monday, Feb. 29 | 3:00 PM ET

Open questions:
Will we trade Jonathan Drouin?
Will we get rid of Matt Carle?
Will we get help on secondary scoring?
Will we get help on defense?
Who will make a big splash trade?

Answered questions:
Will we trade Steven Stamkos?
Official statement by Steve Yzerman: "Stamkos will not be traded before the TDL"

Names linked to possible TDL trades:
Dion Phaneuf
John Scott
Ryan Johansen

Dustin Byfuglien
Keith Yandle
Travis Hamonic
Kyle Okposo
Jordan Eberle
Eric Staal
David Backes
Andrew Ladd
Kris Russell
Louie Eriksson
Radim Vrbata
Cam Ward
Mikkel Boedker
Jiri Hudler

Victhor Ollesson

Dec 30, 2014
Florida
NHL Trade Deadline 2016

Open questions:
Will we trade Jonathan Drouin? If so, it will be with Carle as a cap dump.
Will we get rid of Matt Carle? All kinds of negative value in a possible Douin trade. :cry:
Will we get help on secondary scoring? I really like Eriksson and Hudler as options.
Will we get help on defense? Makes too much sense. Don't think it happens as a pure rental (Right-handed RFA, I hope).
Who will make a big splash trade? If we fall out of the race, I think we will.

Answered questions:
Official statement by Steve Yzerman: "Stamkos will not be traded before the TDL"
If we fall out of the race, I think this goes out the window.

Dion Phaneuf
John Scott
Ryan Johansen
Dustin Byfuglien
Jacob Trouba Wouldn't mind us exploring a Drouin++(with Carle as a cap dump).
Keith Yandle
Travis Hamonic
Kyle Okposo
Jordan Eberle
Eric Staal
David Backes
Andrew Ladd
Kris Russell
Louie Eriksson Love the way he plays; think he fits the system perfectly. But sounds like he wants term (I wouldn't go past 4 years).
Radim Vrbata
Cam Ward
Mikkel Boedker
Jiri Hudler If we are in the race, I like him as a pure rental. Stick him with Filppula?
What I think/hope above.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
NHL Trade Deadline 2016

Open questions:
Will we trade Jonathan Drouin?NOPE
Will we get rid of Matt Carle?YES
Will we get help on secondary scoring?NOPE
Will we get help on defense?YES
NOT SURE YOU MEAN ANOTHER TEAM?

Answered questions:
Will we trade Steven Stamkos? NO CHANCE

Dion Phaneuf
John Scott
Ryan Johansen

Dustin Byfuglien
Keith Yandle
Travis Hamonic
Kyle Okposo
Jordan Eberle
Eric Staal
David Backes
Andrew Ladd
Kris Russell
Louie Eriksson
Radim Vrbata
Cam Ward
Mikkel Boedker
Jiri Hudler

NONE OF THESE GUYS WILL BE ON OUR TEAM

we will target vatanen but he wont be traded during season

is a chance we chase ryan ellis or if montreal makes available markov
if not we will go after tom gilbert on the cheap from montreal

montreal only uses tom on pk not power play averaged around 15 mins per game this year back 2 years ago had a big year running the power play which montreal never utilized but with subban and markov its understandable those two pretty much dont come off ice for montreal in power play situations

i wanted him couple years ago when went to free agency he would be the rh shot we need he did miss i think 14 games with upper body injury this year

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
We need to trade Stamkos can't let him walk to FA! It's not like we know if we are going to make the playoffs anyway! Letting Stamkos walk could set us back years!

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
NHL Trade Deadline 2016

Open questions:
Will we trade Jonathan Drouin?
Will we get rid of Matt Carle?
Will we get help on secondary scoring?
Will we get help on defense?

Answered questions:

Dion Phaneuf
John Scott
Ryan Johansen

Dustin Byfuglien
Keith Yandle
Travis Hamonic
Kyle Okposo
Jordan Eberle
Eric Staal
David Backes
Andrew Ladd
Kris Russell
Louie Eriksson
Radim Vrbata
Cam Ward
Mikkel Boedker
Jiri Hudler

I'd rent hudler we need help in putting the puck in the net!

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
We need a D man and a goal scorer. I was hoping we'd trade Stamkos at the deadline. Its not like he's helped us win any games this year and hasn't helped the team through its struggle at all. Even during a season with half the team being plagued with injuries or snake bitten and can't buy a goal he's still not our #1 point producer.

Now we lose him for nothing and probably don't even make playoffs.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
We need a D man and agoal scorer. I was hoping we'd trade Stamkos at the deadline. Its not like he's helped us win any games this year and hasn't helped the team through its struggle at all. Even during a season with half the team being plagued with injuries or snake bitten and can't buy a goal he's still not our #1 point producer.

Now we lose him for nothing and probably don't even make playoffs.

Funny how we need a goal scorer but most of us are content on trading Stamkos. He hasnt done much in the goal scoring department this season. Possibly a reason why this team is where it is. Also the injuries of players who stepped up last season when our goal scorers werent scoring.

Im wondering how well this team is going to play if they even make the playoffs. I have faith in this team moving forward but its a question mark for sure.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Guys, what in the hell is Stamkos going to get us? He won't waive for a non-contender (maybe not even Toronto if he really does value winning over cash) and a contender isn't going to blow up their team for Stamkos. You are delusional if you think trading Stamkos is going to get us the piece(s) to put us over the top.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Guys, what in the hell is Stamkos going to get us? He won't waive for a non-contender (maybe not even Toronto if he really does value winning over cash) and a contender isn't going to blow up their team for Stamkos. You are delusional if you think trading Stamkos is going to get us the piece(s) to put us over the top.

Yes, thank you! ITT everybody is talking like trading Stamkos is both doable and the solution to all of our problems. Neither one is necessarily true.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Yes, thank you! ITT everybody is talking like trading Stamkos is both doable and the solution to all of our problems. Neither one is necessarily true.

I think we would rather he just come back to life and go on a tear. If he were able to get his game going it would take some pressure off of TKO like last year.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I'd rather get something, anything than let Stamkos just walk. If he isn't gonna stay then i'd even be happy with some sort of trade to get Carle off the dang team

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

We're not getting anything over the top but I'd rather get something, anything then let him walk, he's going to be useless in the playoffs anyways and this team isn't getting out of the first round. Trade him, a 1st rounder will do.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
One top-six winger, one #4 D, please. Not easy, I know.

It looks like it's going to be hard to make the playoffs without Garrison. An injury to Stralman or Hedman would kill all hope.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
One top-six winger, one #4 D, please. Not easy, I know.

It looks like it's going to be hard to make the playoffs without Garrison. An injury to Stralman or Hedman would kill all hope.

Would kill the hope? We are going for Matthews if Hedman or Stralman miss 4+ weeks.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
We need to trade Stamkos can't let him walk to FA! It's not like we know if we are going to make the playoffs anyway! Letting Stamkos walk could set us back years!

More importantly you all seem to think we have ANY say whatsoever in Stamkos leaving...

Yzerman could find him a team that would pay him $100mil/year and he could still say no.... (before some smartass says something, it's an example...)

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
PK Subban's name just got thrown into the mix.

Don't think we have the pieces to land him, especially with Montreal out of the playoff picture. Still. Now THAT's a PP quarterback. A guy can dream.

Raymones

Aug 2, 2005
Sweden
I'd rent hudler we need help in putting the puck in the net!

Agreed, I think Hudler would be a good pick up. I guess we won't be the only ones in on him though. The price might be high with so many teams still battling for a PO spot.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
PK Subban's name just got thrown into the mix.

Don't think we have the pieces to land him, especially with Montreal out of the playoff picture. Still. Now THAT's a PP quarterback. A guy can dream.

To use main board logic, a package of Carle, Callahan, and a first ought to get it done. :yo:

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Question. Would you guys swap goli for coburn or is that a sideway move for you guys.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Question. Would you guys swap goli for coburn or is that a sideway move for you guys.

Bad move for Dallas. Coburn plays RD not LD and Goligoski is better. Tampa might be a good place for one of the Jokipakka/Oleksiak/Nemeth trio though

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Bad move for Dallas. Coburn plays RD not LD and Goligoski is better. Tampa might be a good place for one of the Jokipakka/Oleksiak/Nemeth trio though

I forgot you were on the Tampa forums as well, what's up lol.

I'd consider it because we're pretty desperate for a big body dman who is good at defending, can play top PK minutes, and can throw the body. Goli may be better but I think what Coburn brings considering our needs atm, equals out the gap between those two.

Oduya-Klingberg
Nemeth-Coburn
Benn/Jokipakka/Oleksiak-Demers

You can maybe even consider calling up Lindell and moving JJ & JO.

That's why I inquired about the Coburn/Goli swap.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I forgot you were on the Tampa forums as well, what's up lol.

I'd consider it because we're pretty desperate for a big body dman who is good at defending, can play top PK minutes, and can throw the body. Goli may be better but I think what Coburn brings considering our needs atm, equals out the gap between those two.

Oduya-Klingberg
Nemeth-Coburn
Benn/Jokipakka/Oleksiak-Demers

You can maybe even consider calling up Lindell and moving JJ & JO.

That's why I inquired about the Coburn/Goli swap.

Honestly, I'd look elsewhere. Coburn has half been supplanted by Sustr, who, despite massive improvements, remains a below average Dman. Coburn is solid, but makes some mistakes. I'm still somewhat regretting moving Gudas for him, although I think it likely is a reason we got to the SCF. Long-term, I'm not so sure.

Coburn will probably walk at the end of the year. If we implode between now and the 29th (5 games?), maybe we'd deal him as a rental. Can't see his pricetag being all that much in that case. I also doubt we'll have given up on the season by then. ...I need to go do something for an anti-jinx now.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Honestly, I'd look elsewhere. Coburn has half been supplanted by Sustr, who, despite massive improvements, remains a below average Dman. Coburn is solid, but makes some mistakes. I'm still somewhat regretting moving Gudas for him, although I think it likely is a reason we got to the SCF. Long-term, I'm not so sure.

Coburn will probably walk at the end of the year. If we implode between now and the 29th (5 games?), maybe we'd deal him as a rental. Can't see his pricetag being all that much in that case. I also doubt we'll have given up on the season by then. ...I need to go do something for an anti-jinx now.

coburn got lazy last night watched the game again not sure was the shorty or there power play but he blindly passed around boards stayed on boards behind net when puck gets in not acceptable to a guy of his years

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad