NHL to Seattle Volume XIII - UPDATE 12/7 NHL will accept Seattle application - Expansion fee $650 M

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Think this is an if at this point. Will be good to see Seattle as the 32nd team. Seattle should be a fun NHL market.

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
Think this is an if at this point. Will be good to see Seattle as the 32nd team. Seattle should be a fun NHL market.

Season is not over yet, but I expect Seattle, at least from fan and media pov to have pressure to perform as good as Vegas currently is. What Vegas is doing currently is writing hockey history books but I doubt that can easily redone again.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
any of you Seattle hockey historians have any old pro club names you're hoping the club revives?

... maybe better suited as a thread on the history of hockey forum

WildGopher

Jun 13, 2012
I'm sure there will be a throwback night against the Vancouver Millionares with throwback jerseys that people can buy. For both teams.

That'd be cool. The Canucks have worn Millionaires' jerseys with the old "V" logo from the PCHL days at games, so no reason Seattle couldn't, too.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Season is not over yet, but I expect Seattle, at least from fan and media pov to have pressure to perform as good as Vegas currently is. What Vegas is doing currently is writing hockey history books but I doubt that can easily redone again.

There is a reason why Vegas is doing so well and that was how the expansion draft was setup by the league. I don't see that suddenly changing for Seattle.

PCSPounder

Stadium Groupie
Apr 12, 2012
The Outskirts of Nutria Nanny
Was goofing around with Wiktionary. First thought sublimely subverted...

"Lumberjack: an entertainer in shows which feature ax-throwing, pole climbing, & etc. A man who "works in the woods" is a logger not a lumberjack."

The following seemed interesting: "Bucker: one who saws trees into logs"

Then... "Skookum: strong, stout, brave (Chinook)"

So if Seattle doesn't want "Skookumjacks" on my say so, I'm sure I'll find a use for that somewhere.

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
There is a reason why Vegas is doing so well and that was how the expansion draft was setup by the league. I don't see that suddenly changing for Seattle.

I understand that and don't get me wrong GS but Vegas, when they drafted, they got a bunch of 3rd and 4th liners, guys that took their hearts to the ice and decided to play like 1st liners all together.

The league, for once, did good, but I doubt any next expansion team (no matter which location) will do as well as Vegas is doing in their first season. Heck, Marchessault that played in junior for Quebec, the guy never even got drafted and just signed a 5 years 30 mil deal with Vegas because he's playing very very good. Any other player that had such thing happen was Marty St-Louis. It's not common, it's all I am saying.

I am just giving credit to Vegas because everyone doubted their season was going to be as great as it is today. Before the season started, bids were 200 to 1 for Vegas winning the cup, they are now 7 to 1.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I understand that and don't get me wrong GS but Vegas, when they drafted, they got a bunch of 3rd and 4th liners, guys that took their hearts to the ice and decided to play like 1st liners all together.

The league, for once, did good, but I doubt any next expansion team (no matter which location) will do as well as Vegas is doing in their first season. Heck, Marchessault that played in junior for Quebec, the guy never even got drafted and just signed a 5 years 30 mil deal with Vegas because he's playing very very good. Any other player that had such thing happen was Marty St-Louis. It's not common, it's all I am saying.

I am just giving credit to Vegas because everyone doubted their season was going to be as great as it is today. Before the season started, bids were 200 to 1 for Vegas winning the cup, they are now 7 to 1.

Marchessault, was Florida property, I believe... PS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad