TSN: NHL to postpone Sens games due to COVID

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Disagree completely on this. Paul has not looked good at center at all. Having him replace Pinto has made the team significantly worse. He should stay on the wing unless needed due to injuries.

assen na yo.
Did you not see them talking about Paul during the intermission in the last game & how well he was doing playing centre? They disagree with you.

assen na yo.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Did you not see them talking about Paul during the intermission in the last game & how well he was doing playing centre? They disagree with you.

assen na yo.

I don't need someone else to tell me what I've seen. And I don't really pay attention to anything that features Garrioch.

Assennayo!

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Does this have any impact on whether the team will announce other players entering protocol?

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
On the brighter side, I (and maybe others) won't have to decide,
"Will I watch the Sens' 3rd period or Can. vs Mexico" tomorrow night.
:)

Also on the bright side… the cancelling and rescheduling of these games opens the door for the NHL to withdraw from the 2022 Olympics.

The Waffler

Registered Offender
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
COVID aside, this gives a few guys the chance to get healthier too. There’s the guys with the big injuries. But theres gotta be other guys banged up that haven’t made the injury report.

Reactions: Cosmix and DrEasy

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
Also on the bright side… the cancelling and rescheduling of these games opens the door for the NHL to withdraw from the 2022 Olympics.

Ya we all want that.

200w.gif

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Does this have any impact on whether the team will announce other players entering protocol?
No, I don't think so. I read that players will continue to be tested daily even though they are not coming to the CTC facilities to train.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Seems like those rapid tests were causing the confusion in the results.. He didn't say that but I expect the PCR tests are more reliable.

Reactions: Yak

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Seems like those rapid tests were causing the confusion in the results.. He didn't say that but I expect the PCR tests are more reliable.

That also leads to another interesting problem...if the tests aren't reliable, or there's a possibility of fudging, tampering, or outright simply misdiagnosing the players....how is that going to play out? Why aren't all teams using the same tests (if they aren't)? What if a team is deliberately fudging them to either play or not play (or simply sit a player for whatever reason)?

You know if there's any kind of loophole around or way to take advantage of a situation, a team out there is going to do it (somehow).

Reactions: Cosmix and aragorn

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I don't need someone else to tell me what I've seen. And I don't really pay attention to anything that features Garrioch.

Assennayo!

It was the analysts, the experts who were discussing it, not Garricoh.

Paul might be a decent 3rd line C but he is awful in the top 6.

He's not awful, he's the replacement because there is no one else. That's what happens when you lose a centre or two or three, the next guy moves up & he is better than all of the other AHL centres they have used. Ideally, he is built for the bottom six, but due to the circumstances they have had to move him up, that's obvious.

Reactions: Cosmix

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad