TSN: NHL to postpone Sens games due to COVID

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Idiots in the NHL. Such morons. It was obvious the team had the virus going around, how stupid do you have to be to make them play games and spread it. Really...really dumb.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
The NHL will postpone games vs. New Jersey Tuesday along with Thursday vs. Nashville and Rangers here in Ottawa Saturday because of the COVID-19 outbreak with 10 players in protocol. The club has cancelled its flight to New Jersey.

JackieDaytona

regular human hockey fan.
Oct 21, 2007
too bad, was already getting comfy with the tank this season. Oh well. Hope everyone gets healthy.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
so our D will come back worse eyy?

going from

Chabot - Thomson
MDZ - Zub
Heatherington - JBD

to

Chabot - Zaitsev
Mete - Zub
Holden/MDZ - J.Brown

I just want to cry.

Reactions: Bileur and branch

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Sucks...

Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 4.18.45 PM.png

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
Not good for my fantasy team. Brady, Chabot, Bath out for the week.

Not watching the sens struggle for a week will be a breath of fresh air though.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It's about time.

On a positive note, it has show cased a few of the prospects.

1. Gustavsson - has looked great in games & seems to be emerging as a potential # 1 goalie.

2. Thomson - has had a good start, looks NHL ready & could stay on the top 4 & be this yr's Zub. That would give us 3 decent defencemen.

3. Sokolov - while he hasn't scored a goal he has been all around the net & could be NHL ready by the TDL or next season.

4. JBD & Heartherington - IMO both these guys have played a solid defensive game, not flashy but solid defensively. Should help to move out the UFA defencemen we don't want to play.

5. Paul - has looked great at centre & could replace White as the 3rd line centre in future. Formenton, Paul & C. Brown play really well together & could be one of the best shutdown lines in the NHL & all 3 are great on the PK.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Should have been done 2-3 games ago. OF course then we miss out on that nice Penguins win. So whatever I guess. Hopefully the guys get healthy and that a taste of some of our kids helps our GM see that we don't need as much vet garbage on the roster.

Reactions: DrEasy

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Can't wait to hear Dorion tell us how Covid ruined our season.
Yeah, I am sure this is the narrative that will be pushed. Even though they were bottom 3 or 4 team when the outbreak happened. Then Gord Wilson, Dean Brown, Bruce Garrioch and Steve Lloyd will all make excuses. Again treat this fan base like were stupid. Rinse and repeat its the same cycle. It was time to postpone games but this is certainly not the reason this team isnt very good this year. They would have been bad regardless, the GM is to blame for that. He did not bring in the right personnel this off season the pro scouting is the third biggest issue. Clearly Melnyk is the main problem.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
5. Paul - has looked great at centre & could replace White as the 3rd line centre in future. Formenton, Paul & C. Brown play really well together & could be one of the best shutdown lines in the NHL & all 3 are great on the PK.

Disagree completely on this. Paul has not looked good at center at all. Having him replace Pinto has made the team significantly worse. He should stay on the wing unless needed due to injuries.

assen na yo.

Nova Stutzlia

Oct 23, 2021
On the brighter side, I (and maybe others) won't have to decide,
"Will I watch the Sens' 3rd period or Can. vs Mexico" tomorrow night.
:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad