News Article: NHL to announce a 2 hub 24 team playoff, Edmonton & Toronto?

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I mean that’s the only way they can do it, right? Rink to hotel and back and that’s it. I’d imagine hotel staff will have to isolate as well and not be able to go home or the NHL hires their own staff to take over the hotels.

I don't see players following those stringent rules. I just don't. Pro athletes spend their whole lives being able to do whatever they want and everyone kisses their fannies. It's not as if swat teams will be positioned to take down players who leave the hotel. And without getting too deep into the politics, NHL players tend to fall on the side of the political spectrum that is not taking the virus seriously.

Reactions: Dividejoy and RayP

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I don't see players following those stringent rules. I just don't. Pro athletes spend their whole lives being able to do whatever they want and everyone kisses their fannies. It's not as if swat teams will be positioned to take down players who leave the hotel. And without getting too deep into the politics, NHL players tend to fall on the side of the political spectrum that is not taking the virus seriously.

And imagine if they did this in Vegas. :laugh:

Yeah I’m sure some millionaire 20 year olds are going to stay put during their free time in Vegas.

Reactions: hawksrule

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017

I’d imagine they would issue suspensions if players break the rules.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Isn’t Vegas like a ghost town right now considering all the major attractions are still closed?
Vegas has a lot more locals than people think but the strip kind of is. A lot of hotels boarded up. At this rate though, by the time hockey is back I would assume a lot more things are gonna be open.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Vegas has a lot more locals than people think but the strip kind of is. A lot of hotels boarded up. At this rate though, by the time hockey is back I would assume a lot more things are gonna be open.

Actually seems like a cool place to live these days, outside of the strip, but I could never do that summer.

Reactions: Rick C137

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I’d imagine they would issue suspensions if players break the rules.

So when Ovi and a half dozen teammates leave the hotel they'll all be suspended? The league with suspend Kane? Not gonna happen.

Assuming a best case scenario isn't a plan. The league will have to answer for what happens if/when.

Reactions: RayP

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Armed guards outside of every players room. Every other teams players try to leave and get taken out. Hawks stay in room, boom 4th cup. One goal baby!
I think our boys got the upper hand. They come prepared

Screen-Shot-2015-08-26-at-12.14.40-PM.png

Reactions: Styles and Mrfenn92

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
So when Ovi and a half dozen teammates leave the hotel they'll all be suspended? The league with suspend Kane? Not gonna happen.

Assuming a best case scenario isn't a plan. The league will have to answer for what happens if/when.

I honestly don't think sneaking out to party will be that big an issue as I don't think it would be socially acceptable among teammates. I don't think Toews and Kane drink and party during playoffs anymore. And if the leaders don't, the rest won't.

The bigger issue will be players with young families who bring them to the hub cities. As soon as you have a family in the mix, the chances for someone to bring COVID home will increase. Still, I think it will be manageable.

A good example might be firefighters who have congregate living when not out on a call. I haven't heard massive numbers of firefighters getting COVID in places where there is regular testing and basic precautions. And they still have families and go into the community and I would imagine firefighters are similarly healthy to hockey players.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017

I doubt star players want to let their teammates down/jeopardize a cup run just because they can’t stay inside like they’ve been doing already. It’s not like they will be staying at a 60 dollar motel 6 either.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
OK, honestly the Oilers fans seem to think playing the Hawks would be a cakewalk. No respect.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
OK, honestly the Oilers fans seem to think playing the Hawks would be a cakewalk. No respect.

Cakewalk might be a bit over the top but Edmonton and their speed would be heavy favorites.

We were only 2 games above .500 where they were 12 above. That’s a big difference over 70 games.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I might be in the minority here, but I'd rather be in the lottery than the playoffs. They have no shot to win a cup and all they could do is make their pick worse.
Depends if they do the lottery before the playoffs.

And we all know MVP Ian Mitchell will propel the Hawks to a cup win...

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
Really looking forward to if the NHL makes Chicago a hub city and we get home advantage throughout our SCF run

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad