League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - COVID Season Edition - Vol. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
HBO being a part of hockey is interesting I really like when they did our winter classic documentary

Also I think they got Bruce fired

I remember Semin eating McDonald’s cheeseburgers in the food court mall after practice hahaha
HBO did a documentary on one of our Winter Classics? Which one? I’d like to watch that

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I wouldn't hate seeing Weekes and some of the other NHL Network crew get recruited over to ABC.
Alot of TNT wretsling people want the job. Renee Young posted a nice vid skating in her backyard in full vegas gear. her skatking looked good

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Was that the game where Steckel kabongs Crosby's head (accidentslly of course) and knocked him out for months?
Yes... that was the Steckle hit. Far side from us as we were in other end zone. I still don’t think that was a dirty hit. Unfortunate outcome. that didn’t both my son on the way out.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
So's NHL.tv, but that doesn't prevent local blackouts.
It’s going to be interesting what happens considering streaming is becoming more popular each year.

Also interested in how the local markets are affected. Does NBCsports Washington still call all Caps games, or is there going to be some kind of switch?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I went to that game in Pittsburg. Change game time. Rained on us. And my 10 year old son yelling “Crybaby” the whole way out. Oh, and we kicked their ass! Haha

I loved how nice the Pens fans were on the way in and how pissy they were on the way out!

I’ll probably never attend another outdoor game….

what for? That one broke the mold IMO.

Reactions: Calicaps

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Alot of TNT wretsling people want the job. Renee Young posted a nice vid skating in her backyard in full vegas gear. her skatking looked good
I'd hope they'd tap actual hockey people for the PBP and commentary. But it would be cool to have a few folks like this--fans who are also athletes in other sports (if pro wrestling can be considered a sport)--mixed in.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Man, the Canucks are just terrible. They were supposed to take a big step this year, acquiring a bunch of guys, including former Caps, but instead they stink. At one point do they declare this build a failure and start over?

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Man, the Canucks are just terrible. They were supposed to take a big step this year, acquiring a bunch of guys, including former Caps, but instead they stink. At one point do they declare this build a failure and start over?
To be fair they had one of the worst covid outbreaks in the league this season.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
True, but they were pretty awful before that too.

I'm hoping the league makes them finish all of their games. They play Edmonton FIVE times in about 7 days and I want McDavid to get 100 points.

And I don't care about "blah blah weak division, tired teams etc". Gretzky piled up lots of points against cardboard cutout goalies and defencemen who couldn't skate backwards.

Reactions: kicksavedave

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I'm hoping the league makes them finish all of their games. They play Edmonton FIVE times in about 7 days and I want McDavid to get 100 points.

And I don't care about "blah blah weak division, tired teams etc". Gretzky piled up lots of points against cardboard cutout goalies and defencemen who couldn't skate backwards.
I'm not that big of a McD fan. He's a terrific player, but I just don't get the thrill watching him that I do with some other greats. Sure 99 feasted on the bottom-dwellers of the league, but he also did the unimaginable, more with his brain than even his body. His vision and IQ were just off the chart, though he clearly had incredible physical gifts too. Crosby and Backstrom are in that mold. McD IMO is more a mainly physical specimen/amazing skater, which is somehow less interesting to me.

FWIW, Ovie is probably more like McD, in that his talent is more in the body, but he's so unique, being a heavy, physical player who also possesses an unmatched scorer's touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->