League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) | 2023-24 Regular Season Edition

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
I would no way have Ridley over Kuzy. I found Ridley to be pretty frustrating back then always wanting more. At least peak Kuzy was a whole other level albeit not for long.
Definitely. That only underscores how important the ranking factor(s) are. Is it:
- Best career w/ the Caps? (Nicky/Dale/Kuzy/maybe Pivo over Maruk)
- Best center who wore a Caps jersey? (Oates/Nicky/Jason Arnott??/Doug Jarvis???)
- Best at peak? (quite possibly Kuzy)
and so forth.

Reactions: Kazer

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010

Despite lack of Conference Final success Brind'Amour has done an exceptional job with Carolina despite lack of experience. He was brought aboard as that team icon and has not missed the playoffs yet, while winning many playoff series in the 1st and 2nd round.

Letting him walk would not be the right call.

He would get hired in seconds. I don't like the guy too much but he has done a good job in Carolina.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009

Despite lack of Conference Final success Brind'Amour has done an exceptional job with Carolina despite lack of experience. He was brought aboard as that team icon and has not missed the playoffs yet, while winning many playoff series in the 1st and 2nd round.

Letting him walk would not be the right call.

True, but I would like to see him out of the division or the conference.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Love Kuzy the person and loved Kuzy the player for most of his time here. Have a handcrafted wooden 92 with Kuzy doing the bird superimposed on it hanging in my basement. Dude moped and noped his way out of town but I still love him for what he did in DC, for the most part. That said, a categorical f*** off and hell no to rooting for the Canes. Everything about that organization sucks. They are the last team I want to see win the Cup this year.

Someone explain to me why I have to root for Kuzy and the Canes in order to honor his legacy and appreciate his contributions here? Would I need to root for the Pens if they were still in it because Eller scored two iconic goals in 2018?

Last edited:

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I would no way have Ridley over Kuzy. I found Ridley to be pretty frustrating back then always wanting more. At least peak Kuzy was a whole other level albeit not for long.
Bite your tongue, good sir!!

We will not say those types of things about my moniker!

Next your going to say “Chris Simon was just a @g00n , and couldn’t play hockey!”

Penalty Box, for you. 2min minor for insulting.

:naughty::naughty:

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Love Kuzy the person and loved Kuzy the player for most of his time here. Have a handcrafted wooden 92 with Kuzy doing the bird superimposed on it hanging in my basement. Dude moped and noped his way out of town but I still love him for what he did in DC, for the most part. That said, a categorical f*** off and hell no to rooting for the Canes. Everything about that organization sucks. They are the last team I want to see win the Cup this year.

Someone explain to me why I have to root for Kuzy and the Canes in order to honor his legacy and appreciate his contributions here? Would I need to root for Pens if they were still in it because Eller scored two iconic goals in 2018?
This. f*** the Canes. Still bitter over that Foegele hit on Oshie in the playoffs

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada

Someone explain to me why I have to root for Kuzy and the Canes in order to honor his legacy and appreciate his contributions here? Would I need to root for Pens if they were still in it because Eller scored two iconic goals in 2018?
All good points. I am petty and so don't want guys who leave the Caps on bad terms to have success. But also loathe the Canes. Easy one for me.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009

They would be second to last team I would want to win the cup this year for me.

Next your going to say “Chris Simon was just a @g00n , and couldn’t play hockey!”

My only issue with Ridley is we didn't get him sooner.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto

Someone explain to me why I have to root for Kuzy and the Canes in order to honor his legacy and appreciate his contributions here? Would I need to root for the Pens if they were still in it because Eller scored two iconic goals in 2018?
Yep!

I root for a players individual success, but not their new team. Specifically Pens, Canes, Philly (Hathaway), etc.

All good points. I am petty and so don't want guys who leave the Caps on bad terms to have success. But also loathe the Canes. Easy one for me.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

I got Romeo'd and Juliette'd!

No way I am on team Simon. Still remember that great goal scoring year he had.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Woof, Boston down 17-4 in shots through 30 minutes...

This also seems like the exact kind of game the Leafs would lose though, so... weird that I feel it's still 50/50.

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
Still a long way to go, but TO winning this series from BSN would be roughly equivalent to Caps downing the Pens in 2018.

Reactions: HTFN

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Montgomery's got to go if Boston coughs up another 3-1 series lead, no? They just seem to turn into putty.

Reactions: Calicaps

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Let's see...

Backstrom
Maruk
Ridley
Kuzy

Is that right?
I have Oates instead of Ridley.

Lang didn't spend enough time in DC, although that one season where he was traded was obviously pretty darn great at an individual level (not so much at a team level).

Pivonka was good, but simply didn't have that next level of play that these others guys we're considering have.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Have to give credit to Woll. He's delivering. From the Edmonton/Kings series, it's amazing Hyman has 7 goals so far. I liked him when he was a Leaf.

Saturday will pain for one of those two teams.

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013
I have Oates instead of Ridley.
Interesting. I guess it's the goal scoring for me.
Oates never scored 20 goals with us, but Ridley was always at least in the mid 20s, hit 40 one year and 30 another. Overall points per game were super close, though.

Aside from that I give the edge to Ridley for being with the Caps a bit longer and discount Oates a bit because his prime years were in Boston.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad