League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) | 2023-24 Regular Season Edition

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
The whine thread in the mains delivers too.
'ElIMInateD FlyEERS GiFT CApS a wIN!'.
It's produced the hockey memes of the week, at least

8n108m.jpg

1713319531534-jpeg.853315

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Meanwhile in the Detroit thread:

"f***in nobody. They can all go die. I hope 8 separate meteors take out the 8 stadiums in which the 16 teams are playing."

:biglaugh:
I actually appreciate that level of caring. Also that being born in this particular moment of human history allows one to care this much rather than grinding every day for food.

Vilica

Jun 1, 2014
I reallllly want to go troll the Pens board by pointing out that serial winner and Mr. Will-to-Win himself Sidney Crosby has won exactly one playoff series since turning 30, and Ovechkin has won 4 playoff series since Crosby's last win.

Reactions: Calicaps and usiel

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I reallllly want to go troll the Pens board by pointing out that serial winner and Mr. Will-to-Win himself Sidney Crosby has won exactly one playoff series since turning 30, and Ovechkin has won 4 playoff series since Crosby's last win.
That is a burn but please refrain and hopefully set a landmine for a random pens fan hate reading the caps threads here.

Reactions: Alexander the Gr8

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Oh I know I'm saving it for a relevant post in HoH in a future Crosby-Ovechkin argument. That way I get to hit the Canadian homers too.
The art of war teaches us to rely not on the likelihood of the enemy's not coming, but on our own readiness to receive him; not on the chance of his not attacking, but rather on the fact that we have made our position unassailable.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Penguins blowing the 4-0 lead with a period left to go vs. Avs ended up biting them in the ass.

Mike Sullivan propably saved his job with this late surge too.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Meanwhile in the Detroit thread:

"f***in nobody. They can all go die. I hope 8 separate meteors take out the 8 stadiums in which the 16 teams are playing."

:biglaugh:

lol, they are desperate for playoffs. Dylan Larkin has been in the league for 9 years now and has played a total of 5 playoff games.

Reactions: usiel

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
lol, they are desperate for playoffs. Dylan Larkin has been in the league for 9 years now and has played a total of 5 playoff games.
How about Yzerman not doing more at the deadline to help them out? Kane was found money but they could have done more to get that young group some experience.

It took that, the Flyers selling Walker and the Pens selling Guentzel to create the perfect storm. And what a way to get in.

Reactions: Calicaps

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
How about Yzerman not doing more at the deadline to help them out? Kane was found money but they could have done more to get that young group some experience.

It took that, the Flyers selling Walker and the Pens selling Guentzel to create the perfect storm. And what a way to get in.

Wings went 0-3-2 against the direct competition (Isles, Pens, Caps) since the start of March.

You can't hand the other teams 10/10 points from these games.

Last edited:

Marshall

A ribbon reflector
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com

As a Yzerplan doubter this sticks out to me, as well as some of the middling UFA signings.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Pittsburgh pick on its way to San Jose.

It’s a glorious night. It’s like an anti jinx. Even though our jinx had already been lifted.

On the upside, Erik Karlsson sucks very badly and will be a salary cap anchor on the Pens for years to come.

Holy shit $11.5M through 2027 for a defenseman that doesn't defense. Bwahahahahahaha!

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
On the upside, Erik Karlsson sucks very badly and will be a salary cap anchor on the Pens for years to come.

Holy shit $11.5M through 2027 for a defenseman that doesn't defense. Bwahahahahahaha!
There’s a lot of things you can make fun of the Pens for, but Karlsson was good for them this year. Both offensively and defensively. If there’s a D contract they should be worried about, it’s Letangs. It’s a 35+ deal and has 4 more years remaining, and the dude is barely treading water at this point in his career (and still makes all the big brain farts he always has).

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
There’s a lot of things you can make fun of the Pens for, but Karlsson was good for them this year. Both offensively and defensively. If there’s a D contract they should be worried about, it’s Letangs. It’s a 35+ deal and has 4 more years remaining, and the dude is barely treading water at this point in his career (and still makes all the big brain farts he always has).

Yeah firmy disagree. Karlsson was playing severely sheltered minutes, and he pissed away their season with woeful and untimely poor defense.

With Karlsson taking the favorable minutes, that thrust Letang into a more difficult defensive role.

Karlsson was simply not a good fit from day 1 IMO. Letang already played the role of PMD with offensive upside. Pens should have been seeking a shutdown defenseman IMO. It would have been a more valuable piece given that they already had Letang.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad