League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) | 2023-24 Regular Season Edition

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
CHI bringing in Foligno and Perry for 4th line and a "veteran presence" for Bedard and the other young'ns might be a fantastic move (for their example, the locker room and the W's)

Hall, Tyler Johnson, Athanasiou and Donato at least give them a chance to get some pts and be closer to an 80 pt team vs 59

Reactions: Calicaps

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
  • Haha
Reactions: usiel and Calicaps

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
How I love The Onion!
Side note: Years ago, I worked for the A.V. Club. (Back when, in a handful of cities, they had physical papers with local A&E sections; I was the D.C. A&E editor). The Onion and A.V. Club were completely separate (and even had different HQ buildings at the time), so I never met an actual Onion employee. I once asked my AVC boss what the Onion folks were like, and without hesitation he said, "They're the most unhappy people I've ever met. They're basically chained to their desks while their bosses crack whips and demand more jokes... forever, and ever, and ever."

(I still love the Onion, but I do miss its pre-social-media heyday.)

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Side note: Years ago, I worked for the A.V. Club. (Back when, in a handful of cities, they had physical papers with local A&E sections; I was the D.C. A&E editor). The Onion and A.V. Club were completely separate (and even had different HQ buildings at the time), so I never met an actual Onion employee. I once asked my AVC boss what the Onion folks were like, and without hesitation he said, "They're the most unhappy people I've ever met. They're basically chained to their desks while their bosses crack whips and demand more jokes... forever, and ever, and ever."

Another editor! You are my people. For you, my fave Onion piece ever: 4 Copy Editors Killed In Ongoing AP Style, Chicago Manual Gang Violence

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I just saw that Zach Benson made the Sabres opening night roster.

I think Leonard will be fine but I have a really bad feeling in a few years they are going to kick themselves for passing on Benson.

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden

The wellspring of all comedy.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
The Onion is legitimately one of the best sources of news out there right now. And I mean that sincerely.

If you want to understand what's going on in the world right now the Onion is probably a better source of news than, say, the Washington Post or New York Times.

• Haha
Reactions: kicksavedave

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Love that PIT has shot themselves in the foot twice now with CHI, 1st can't manage to summon a W against them and eliminating themselves from the Playoffs, and last night can't do it at home on Opening Night
Way to start the EK65 era!
LOL
Man I want to see Pens fail but like a cockroach they just don’t die.

Reactions: Calicaps

trick9

Jun 2, 2013

Welcome to Pittspurgh, Erik Karlsson. Rough game for Crosby too. Atleast it was against a top-team...

EDM.png

Rough start for Connor Brown.

• Haha
Reactions: notDkristich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad